Dapple's Blog

General model stuff as it relates to my personal experiene and observations.

1. Grey Friesian

He arrived yesterday! He is in fine shape with one noticeable flaw on his left hock. It is noticeable beacuse the shading makes it stand out. Don't know if it is fixable.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Still Friesians

I finally nabbed a grey Friesian. I named him Agincourt, for the great battle in the 100 years war because he really reminds me of the warhorses in use at the time.
    I made a database for my showstring with all the pertinant info plus some that isn't so vital. My broadbands been down all week and stuck with dial-up at home since nearest wi-fi is about five miles away.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. friesians, can't seem to get enough of them

My second bay arrived yesterday. He's a bit more beat up than the first, with really noticeable rubs and scratches on both sides of his body. I need to do quite a bit of touch up work to even be able to photo show him with a harness team.
    I realized that I can't show my non black Friesians as Friesians. While I was reading posts in the breed, color and pedigree section the answer to my dilemma is to show them as crosses with other draft breeds. shire for the bays, belgian or Comtois ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Stone horses.....

I also like some of the Stone horses. They are not as easy to acquire because of price but I have a few. My first one was a Stardust unicorn, think performance horse mold in goldish grey with a short horn. I also have a western pleasure horse, an Arab trunk show Opal [blue] and an ISH grulla dun. One palomino Pebbles and a set of the Four quarters.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. More RFriesians.....

Yesterday I mentioned my other models in the conga line. I also have the pinto version Gypsy King and about an hour ago won another bay. Now if I can hang on to the Hidalgo I'm bidding on...will know in about 90 minutes.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast