Adventures of a Beginning Adult Rider

I'm going to write about my experiences as I take up horse riding as an adult! And maybe share some of my childhood love of horses, too.

1. Riding lessons--Western or English?

Took about a year's hiatus, but I'm back on Blab again! It's been a stressful, crazy year. It was about a year ago when I came down w/pneumonia... made me seriously sick for three weeks! Then to top that off, I had a major crisis in my marriage... something I'm STILL dealing with, months later.

Well, in an effort to take my life back... I'm looking into riding lessons. I've only had one lesson, and that was about seven years ago. I've been on a horse maybe a total of a ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. When one door closes....

...another one opens!

MUCH better mood today!

I did a search on the net for equestrian facilities. First, I looked up a big one which is near my sister's house--we went down to my sister's house yesterday--it's a BIG place w/stalls and a huge covered arena. It sounds like the perfect place... except it's an hour and a half drive for me to go there!

So I did a search for facililties more local. One that came up was the place where I took my ...
    Categories
    Horses
  3. Where do I go from here?

Where do I begin...

I had plenty of time to get involved w/horses... but my stupid body got in the way. And now, well, my opportunity might be gone forever. Turns out the horse property is going to be sold to a new owner maybe...

I stopped by there today and no one was there. Looks like they might be packing stuff up. I knew this might be coming for a while, but it still stinks.

I wandered around and looked at the horses. I don't know what will become ...
    Categories
    Horses
  4. Should I buy a horse?

Wow, it's been more than four months since I posted here. I haven't done much horse-wise in that time... mostly 'cuz of health problems. I have hypothyroidism--although whether or not that's what's going on here, I don't know. All I know is that I've been fighting off fatigue on a daily basis. I am quite literally sleeping half the day... sleeping in until around 9:00 a.m., then often still taking a 1 1/2 hr. nap in the afternoon. It's getting really old.

Anyway... I went ...

Updated 07-15-2009 at 02:29 PM by SongMom

Categories
    Horses
  5. Horse Therapy

Just wanted to share this... I've had a VERY stressful week. It started when my 15 yr. old daughter bawled her eyes out for getting a "bad grade" in school... this was something new for her. I did my best to comfort her, but it was hard to do when I started bawling myself. It's difficult when you have to let your child live w/the consequences of their choices.

A couple days later, one of my cats got really sick. Of course, this was on Sat., and the vets were ...
    Categories
    Horses
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast