PixelPerfectStables

1. Mold Opinions...

I periodically find myself thinking about the many different models on each mold, and my opinions on them.

So I think I'll try writing some down to "capture" my opinions in one moment in time.

Adios!
    I really like this guy. I only have a couple of them, but I'd like some more. Definitely one of Hess's best sculpts. Best Tango and Rimrock have always seemed way too close to me, and I've wavered back and forth on which one I actually like the best, but ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. The Painted Pony Project, finally!

I have been talking about this for a long time, but this project has finally happened, and it went over splendidly!
    Last year, my mom and I started buying Traditional scale bodies for a project idea she had. She wanted to do a "Trail of Painted Ponies"-like project with her 5th grade students, except with Breyers! It became a research project for the kids, where they had to do research on a Native American tribe and then make up a story that included facts about their tribe. After ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. MORE Blogging! Showstring Contemplations

I guess I'm in the mood to write today! I almost never write two blogs in a row, let alone within 12 hours of each other.

What has really struck me is the huge discrepancy between the two types of models I collect, mainly. (Or want to collect)
    For the most part, I own newer (post 1995) models. Very few are from the earlier, vintage period, and the majority of those aren't show quality. For someone who is a self-declared collectibility enthusiast (and judges!) I really need ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Musings about Antiquing/Flea Market Hopping

Lately, I've been bitten by the antiquing/flea market bug...I just have this great need to do it for some reason. I'm pretty sure it's my sense of adventure, combined with a definite lack of vintage models in my collection.
    The only really "local" flea markets are a place in my town; it's pretty small, and I only find a few Breyers/knockoffs a year. Thankfully, those thank I have found have been mostly decently priced, so far- and an open-air flea market about 20 minutes away that ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Musings

I realized that I haven't posted a blog in quite some time! So here I go...

Something I was just thinking about was "what models would I add to my list once I get all the ones on my current list? Also, which models would I definitely grab if I found them at a flea market or yard sale?" It's not super relevant yet, since I have a long way to go with my current Breyer list (plus fitting in a few Stones here and there and perhaps a couple of other mediums if they strike my fancy), ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast