Uncategorized

Entries with no category

1. Dilema: New Model or New Art Supplies?

Anyone else have this problem? I sold enough models to buy an SM resin of my choice and have some money left over, or I have enough money to buy a cheap airbrush set that comes with 3 airbrushes and a compressor that comes recommended by a model horse artist and several artists on youtube as a good beginner set. On one hand, maybe a new method of painting is what I need to get out of my artistic slump. Prepping for pastels drives me CRAZY and then I still get grain. Perhaps base coating with acrylics ...

Updated 04-06-2015 at 11:32 AM by kcpkaptivating

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Pining for Models

I feel like I only post here to complain about the models I want to buy! LOL. Little Bronna was released and I adore her and want one to piant! Was digging through my body box, but couldn't find anyone I wanted to part with T-T UGH. also want a Midnight Heather, a Peanut, a Popcorn, Goblin, Zug. But I have to keep reminding myself that I am saving to go to back to Japan and to pay off my student loans. I bought casting materials this month which put me back $40. Le sigh. Maybe I should just sell ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Bleh.

Late at night, as I am trying to fall asleep is when I have my most negative thoughts. Lately though, one these has sounded even reasonable. In my 2-3 years in the hobby, I have finished one simple resculpt and maybe 10 simple paint jobs at most. I'm starting to think that maybe I shouldn't bother with resculpting and just focus on painting and maybe tack making. Major cm work is very intimidating and most of the time I have no problem hacking up a model. But then I leave it languishing and unfinished ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Graduation!

I graduated yesterday! Though I still have to finish a final paper,then I am free! My aunt got me a stablemate painting set as a graduation gift x3 I feel loved. A picture of my parents and me.

gradpic.jpg
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Bantam scale sculpt started

I started sculpting a little horse for stress relief. Here he is with a G3 TWH for comparison. Using super sculpy firm. I like super sculpy a bit better, this stuff really is firm! lol.

1204140123.jpg 1204140125.jpg
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast