Blog Comments

I completely understand how you feel! I want one of each, but I'm pretty sure the BF would kill me dead if I did that. I'm contenting myself with Trailblazer.
    Quote Originally Posted by bonnieboo12
    Congrats! Big time congrats!
    Thank you! =D
    Congrats! Big time congrats!
    Thank you! I'm so glad you like her!I wish that I had seen this comment earlier or gotten an alert about it =) Still feeling a bit lacking in the motivation department, but I hope the SM Swap can cure it for both of us!
    AWESOME!!
    Thank you so much!
    Congratulations!
    Sorry to hear that you're in an artistic slump. I've been in and out of the slump myself. I have a bunch of projects that need to be started and finished. Your work is beautiful. I have the 2012 Spring Fling SM you did and I love it! Sending you a jug of motivation and hope you can get back into your projects soon!
    Congratulations!!!
    Thank you! One is nearing completetion and another has its first few layers. The others are still in the process of being prepped. ~sigh
    Good luck! I hope that you can get a bunch of them done in time!
    Krylon Flat white failed me and gummed up my horses good despite five minutes of shaking and good temperature/humidity. SIGH. I just want to paint =/ I wonder if preppers do bulk discounts...
    Tried again today on a test model uusing the Krylon the company sent me in return for the gritty primer. Same thing happened. It must be my technique, but I don't know what I'm doing wrong! I've never had this problem before =/ Maybe location is the issue? I am spraying in my backyard of my mother's house, where I have never primed a horse before. I have no idea but it is so frustrating!
    Quote Originally Posted by cornerstone
    I have had this problem recently too. I use Painters Touch ...... lots of it. I discovered that even though I shake the cans three minutes, the little agitator ball would not move freely around the bottom of the cans when I "swirled" them.....I could hear the ball hang in the solids on the bottom of the can. So, I took the cans outside, laid them on their sides and let the sun heat up the primer. Then I shook the cans until that little ball was rolling all the way around the bottom of the cans. I sprayed out the first few squirts to get all the solids out of the tube, then tested the spray on a dummy model. Problem solved. So, now I am going to lay my cans of primer on their sides instead of standing them upright. This will make the agitating problem easier also. HTH
    Thank you for that tip! I'll have to try it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Two Fishies
    Are you using sandable primer?
    Yes, it is sandable primer. I am used to sanding the inevitable little bumps, but this stuff looks like sandpaper and it is everywhere. I have tried low grit sanding and then buffing, but I can't reach every little crevice. Its really annoying, especially since I use pastels and need a smooth surface.
    I have had this problem recently too. I use Painters Touch ...... lots of it. I discovered that even though I shake the cans three minutes, the little agitator ball would not move freely around the bottom of the cans when I "swirled" them.....I could hear the ball hang in the solids on the bottom of the can. So, I took the cans outside, laid them on their sides and let the sun heat up the primer. Then I shook the cans until that little ball was rolling all the way around the bottom of the cans. I sprayed out the first few squirts to get all the solids out of the tube, then tested the spray on a dummy model. Problem solved. So, now I am going to lay my cans of primer on their sides instead of standing them upright. This will make the agitating problem easier also. HTH
    Are you using sandable primer?