Blog Comments

I fit into a lot of categories. I get attached to my modles if I love them. However I will not buy a body just beacuse I feel sorry. I prefer LSQ horses or High Photo show. This is due to I take pictures and wish to show (if only there were closer shows to me). I only sell when I have two of a horse or the horse is no longer wanted OR I don't like the mold. So I'm not sure which one I belong in.
    I'm a Black Hole Collector/Easy to Please Collector.

Black Hole since I've literally never sold a model, and I have a lot. This may change soon though as I have ended up with a quite a few duplicates that need to go.

Easy to Please because I really do just collect what strikes my fancy. I prefer LSQ as I'm trying to dip my toe into that world now, but I still buy plenty of OF models with issues, or PSQ (or worse) customs just because I like them.

The biggest issue I have to deal with is storage/display space. My dream is to someday custom build a house and make a huge model horse room with built-in glassed-encased shelving!
    Enjoyed reading your blog. I'm a black hole collector that's easy to please.
    I am the OCD and Live Show Quality Collector! 95% of my herd are Latigos either customized or OF. It's not that I don't [I]like[/I] other models, it's just that I [I]love[/I] this particular mold and tend to gravitate towards him. BUT if I do look at other models to buy I expect LSQ because I do have limited funds for models and I want to make sure my money is well spent. Now, I'm not the crazy "lint behind the scrotum" collector, but when there are obvious rubs, gouges, nicks, or missing gloss/paint I get upset and want a better replacement.
    Black Hole, definitely...but also a buyer of LSQ models, though I will also buy others simply because I like them. I have enough oldies-but-goodies that I had to start being more picky in order to show, LOL...
    I'm glad you posted all this. I have never liked Stones and now I feel rock solid in not justifying my opinions to anyone.
    Wow...just...wow. Thank you for this post. Best of wishes to you and your continued success!
    [QUOTE=spearcarrier;bt1064]I can only say wow. Throughout your entire post I kept thinking "why not see about making your own resin line? Defy the company in the way that hurts them the most!" and... you did! I'm so happy for you![/QUOTE]

I hadn't even considered that as a venue for this goal of mine, and when Sherry presented me with the idea I was like "ooooohmygosh this is so much cooler than just an OF!" I am still in disbelief that they have been immortalized in sculpture, by Kitty Cantrell too! This is truly the best outcome to this situation. Sherry was actually interested in my horses too. The company was interested in profits. So it means the world to me that the horses are being produced and sold by someone who is actually interested in the living counterparts--- and someone who actually enjoys the hobby and what they do, too!
    I can only say wow. Throughout your entire post I kept thinking "why not see about making your own resin line? Defy the company in the way that hurts them the most!" and... you did! I'm so happy for you!
    [QUOTE=Seunta;bt1062]Keep your face to the sunshine and you will not see the shadows. :)[/QUOTE]

I like that saying very much! Thank you so much for everything! :hugg
    Keep your face to the sunshine and you will not see the shadows.
    I am the procrastinating resin and remake body, hording collector. I buy resins mostly, with the intention of finishing them right away and selling them. Then lifes little and in several cases, big inconveniences get in the way and it doesn't happen.

My shelves are laden with 10 years worth of naked resins of all sizes. Recently I have begun to work on them. I hope and pray that I can keep the momentum up.
    I am the procrastinating resin and remake body hording collector. I buy resins mostly, with the intention of finishing them right away and selling them. Then lifes little and in several cases, big inconveniences get in the way and it doesn't happen.

My shelves are laden with 10 years worth of naked resins of all sizes. Recently I have begun to work on them. I hope and pray that I can keep the momentum up.
    I am the procrastinating resin an remake body hording collector. I buy resins mostly, with the intention of finishing them right away and selling them. Then lifes little and in several cases, big inconveniences get in the way and it doesn't happen.

I'm a trainer/Black Hole Collector.

3/4 of my models are ones that I'm keeping forever, that I show and display their ribbons, that I love and adore.
    1/4 are constantly changing, and I do sell/trade them so I can get others. Sometimes those others join the above, and sometimes they are shown and sold like their predecessors.

It's actually pretty profitable, as long as you have good documentation & you don't get too attached to the "trainees".
    [QUOTE=MistressEquus17;bt919]LOVE this blog! :D[/QUOTE]

I am so glad!! That means so much to me! I try to keep the posts to once a month but keep them pretty lengthy and remotely identifiable/interesting!
    LOVE this blog! :D
    [QUOTE=susan67;bt917]I am glad you posted this. I am new to the hobby and collect mostly Breyers and that is due to the more reasonable cost. However I did want to get at least one Stone Arabian....but if the quality is only going to be the same as a Breyer horse...I'm not going to spend hundreds or more for a Stone.
    It's a shame but in my opinion, good customer service, and customer loyalty is something that is dying. It seems to me that companies just care about getting the dollar and that having a good product and making the customer happy isn't even a consideration anymore. Hopefully, if things come to pass as you think they may for the Stone company, the declining sales may make them decide to go back to good products and services.[/QUOTE]

To be honest, the quality can be very good, or very bad depending. I've received a few models that I should've returned but didn't Only one did I ever return for repair when a part of masking was left on and painted over. When they returned him it was sloppily covered and they got paint in his eye. I didn't send him back after that and I should have. My loss though.

The Stone Arabian is beautiful, I would definitely recommend buying second hand though. When you shop Model Horse Sales Page you get to buy from a vendor who is selling to someone who will want pictures, to know all listed flaws, etc. You will get a much better product buying second hand. Same could be said for Breyer too.. lol! Still get your Arabian, but shop MHSP instead.

I agree, I'm hoping that with the changes... especially with them now directly hearing customers complaints rather than Sandy taking that blow... they'll get a better feel for how offputting their current business practices are and make some changes to try to do as you say, keep the customer loyalty.

Thanks so much for posting!
    I am glad you posted this. I am new to the hobby and collect mostly Breyers and that is due to the more reasonable cost. However I did want to get at least one Stone Arabian....but if the quality is only going to be the same as a Breyer horse...I'm not going to spend hundreds or more for a Stone.
    It's a shame but in my opinion, good customer service, and customer loyalty is something that is dying. It seems to me that companies just care about getting the dollar and that having a good product and making the customer happy isn't even a consideration anymore. Hopefully, if things come to pass as you think they may for the Stone company, the declining sales may make them decide to go back to good products and services.
    I love your stud farm idea, how cool!

[QUOTE][COLOR=#3E3E3E]When does it turn from collecting to just another episode of Hoarders?[/COLOR][/QUOTE]
    this is something that concerns me a lot as I don't only collect Breyers now but all other kinds of dolls.

When I bought my first Breyer it was like, I just need one or maybe two for my Breyer pick up and trailer, then I needed a rider/stable lass and of course they need accessories and tack and then they need a vet .......... etc etc etc

now I have a stable set and a shelf above it for additions, it's very addictive,
    MandyJ
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast