JamieD

1. More Fog...????

This is so odd, more fog. Low temp 35. So I guess Fall is really here. We've got leaves falling off the maple tree in the yard. So I guess break out the rakes.

We have been working on our round pen. We rented a box scraper and that worked quite well for digging thru the hard pan. But boy do we have ROCKS!! We've picked rocks till we are blue in the face. I think we've got them down to a dull roar.

Next week we will have 2 dump trucks of sand ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Foggy day and Turkeys...

Weather today is foggy, which is unusal. Temp was down to 34 this morning...I guess fall is here. Plus the turkeys are back...just had a flock of about 25 go thru the pasture. This year I'm NOT feeding them. Last winter the roosted in the 3 fir trees in the drive and what a mess after all the snow left this spring. There must of been a foot worth of turkey poop under the trees. Had to shovel it into the bucket of the tractor and dump in a far off corner of the pasture.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Flag pole at the South Fork Grange

Also today we put a flag pole up at the grange we belong to. Carl (our neighbor) had to lift the flag pole up with the bucket of his tractor. Then Bob (another neighbor) & Tom got the flag pole in postion and bolted down. Yeah all done! Opps forgot to put the rope thru the pully. So up Tom goes in the bucket of the tractor...then he had to climb up on the grapples to reach the pully. Tom was about 20 ft in the air! Carl yells at me...Don't worry I won't tip him out. So now we have ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Rain today!!

We are having our first "real" rain since the first week in July. One of our creeks had dried up completley. The pond with the gold fish was getting really low. I was worried that we might have to put some well water in it. Maybe now we will get one last little gowth spurt of grass before winter sets in.

The horses look like mud pits! Their coats were so dusty and now with the added rain...can we say MUD! But they seem happy..the cool weather, none of those ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized