All Blog Entries

1. Mold Opinions...

I periodically find myself thinking about the many different models on each mold, and my opinions on them.

So I think I'll try writing some down to "capture" my opinions in one moment in time.

Adios!
    I really like this guy. I only have a couple of them, but I'd like some more. Definitely one of Hess's best sculpts. Best Tango and Rimrock have always seemed way too close to me, and I've wavered back and forth on which one I actually like the best, but ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. More Blocks for The Farmer's Wife Sampler Quilt

I've been reading the letters in the book and am enjoying them. The style of writing was quite different in the 1920's.

Last week, I finished Block 10, Bowtie. Lots of dolka dots. The pattern calls for piecing the center from four triangles, which I did; however, in English paper piecing, the center is a square. I can't help but look at blocks and break them down for English paper piecing.

2014-01-31 17.03.26.jpg

I finished Block 5, Bat Wing, yesterday. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Twinkly Stars: Blocks 13 and 14

I finished two more blocks last week. I need more white fabric before I can continue. The next color in line is a milk chocloate brown, but I'm not sure about incorporating more brown. The pink floral here (a Lori Holt design) has brown, but the rest of my stars are pretty bright. I will have to experiment.

2014-01-31 11.55.30.jpg
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Twinkly Star Quilt

I've been working on my star quilt for a few months now. I usually don't like to have too many projects going at once, but I started this one before the Farmer's Wife Sampler Quilt. I wasn't planning on doing the sampler quilt for awhile, but the quilt shop around the corner started up a class. I was so excited I couldn't say no. So, now I'm juggling projects. It is a bit stressful for me. I'm much more calm with only one thing going on at a time. Anyway, I'm piecing the star quilt using the English ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. The Farmer's Wife Sampler Quilt

Okay, I'm nuts to even attempt this quilt. With 111, 6-inch blocks that range from fairly easy to very difficult, it truly is beyond my skill. That said, here are my first three blocks. All are hand pieced. I decided against English paper piecing this one. We shall see just how far I get.

Block 1, Attic Windows

2014-01-27 16.00.59.jpg

This is actually the third one I pieced. Yes, I know it needs a good pressing. But I love that Pam Kitty floral. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized