All Blog Entries

1. Needlework Projects

January 23, 2014 Thursday

I started this quilt in mid-July 2013. I hand pieced 1-1/2-inch hexagons using English paper piecing method, which I love. Most of the fabrics are reproduction 1930's. Here is completed quilt top. I'm currently hand piecing it.

2013-11-01 09.35.12.jpg
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. A Big Olí Thank You As 2013 Comes To A Close

So this year was not one of the best. There were many life changes that started to take effect but not after many breakdowns and stress. We lost some close friends and family members this year and even though the pain lessens with time, thereís no forgetting how much joy, laughter and life they added to mine and they will always have a special place in my heart. So Iíd like to take a moment to remember; Gail Levin, Charlie Umbach, and our cat, Kiwi. Iím hoping 2014 will bring better things ...

Updated 07-23-2014 at 03:26 PM by RobinHoodFan

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Turn Clever Allemont Into A Breyer!

[QUOTE=MistressEquus17;2396316]Not to negate or make little the other petition in here (talk about poor timing on my part!), but I have been trying to petition to get Clever Allemont of Old Friends made into a Breyer portrait model...as I think a lot of us might consider him to be good ambassador to Old Friends...and his story is truly incredible - with the number of people that helped with his rescue, etc.

I know there are MANY of the Old Friends that are applicable...but Clever ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. My beautiful modles are not helping anyone on my shelf!

I was looking at the web site of the horse shelter I am supporting through model sales. Bleahh! Look: [URL]http://www.mspca.org/adoption/methuen-nevins/equine-farm-center/ways-to-help/equine-success-stories.html[/URL]
    Poor horsies! This is why I wanted to make them a holiday gift, but it will be a while before all the funds are ready in PayPal. In the meantime I am enjoying the models I do have before anyone ends up buying them, though sales over the holidays have picked up. I'm waiting ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Out With the New, In With the Old!

Today I both sold my New Mold Proud Arabian Mare to someone in Switzerland (boo hoo, except that... read on...) and won a great condition Old Mold PAM in glossy alabaster. Can't wait to see-- how historic and exciting! I read about the story in the 1970s but never actually acquired one. Ever wondered about close comparisons besides the famous left splayed leg and Breyer stamp? Here you go... note left ear, nostril, back leg, etc...
    [ATTACH]85200[/ATTACH][ATTACH]85201[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Images