All Blog Entries

1. Rustoleum's Ultra Cover Primer

I like this primer, it goes on smooth, though it takes quite a bit of shaking.I've found that setting the model down and walking around it works much better than holding and spraying, though its a pain on the bigger models and getting their bellies. A bit a t a time though. Sadly, I'm out of primer, so I have to wait till the next trip to town. I'm going to try Krylon Flat White spray paint along with buying another can of Ultra Cover. Ordered some magic Sculpt. Hopefully it blends better onto the ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Model Horse Motives

"I want that"

That phrase often comes to mind when I see a new horse. Sometimes it doesn't matter the make, model, color, or scale. I see it, I want it, I must have it. But then I snap back to reality and realize that being a Manager at a Hotel doesn't really rake in the booty to toss on any and every model that I see. Additionally, while I feel my living accommodations are nicer than the others in my area I have come to peace with the realization that my house could not possibly ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. My First Completed Medallion!

I was itching to play with my smooth-on starter kit I had received last Xmas so I finally sat down and sculpted this little piece. I present to you, [I]Shinrin[/I], the woodland unicorn! [I]Shinrin [/I]seemed to be a fitting name for this little Fantasy Forest King. It means "wooded area" or "forest" in Japanese. He's available unpainted/unprepped for a very low ppd price. I can also paint one up for you as well! If you're interested, please feel free to contact me any time ...

Updated 07-23-2014 at 03:26 PM by RobinHoodFan

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Frustration with Primer

I have had an enormous amount of inspiration and an overwhelming desire to pastel the horses that are piled in my body box. Primer gets in the way every single time! I have bought four cans of primer and each keeps going on gritty! Two different brands: Krylon and Rustoleum, four cans total, same problem. I don't know if its my spraying technique or the weather. I shake the cans for 3 minutes, I hold the horses 6-8in away from the can, I check the weather. Same result! It goes on gritty and with ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. The Black Hole Collector (what type are you?)

It sounds so cryptic, doesn't it? But, recently I realized I am one of those "black-hole collectors" that I've often heard about. The term came about when a collector and her friend found out I had purchased a custom that they had been interested in. They saw what I had the high bid and won the horse. Then, the comment was made to me: "Well I guess I'm just going to have to order a similar one, because Pompeii's bookshelves are like black holes. Once she buys a horse, I never see ...