All Blog Entries

1. Utterly Horses' Hullabaloo

I spent the weekend at the Utterly Horses Hullabaloo, a three-day model horse event in Newmarket, England. I was there all three days there and showed in the Newcomer's Show (My first show!).
    We travelled down to Newmarket on Thursday night. On Friday was the Newcomer's show (which Keren hosted- Great job!). I took 19 horses to show. The show was great fun and I had a fab time, winning 3 firsts (Conga, Fantasy and Collectibility), 3 seconds (Western Pleasure, Appaloosa/POA, and Arab), a ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Shadow of Colossus - It all fades...

At first, it was just a show name for a horse I hadn't even created. But it has turned into a very symbolic sentiment to me.

I suppose I should start by explaining a bit more. I have always loved and supported the Peter Stone Company. Their models are what rocketed me back into the hobby full force. I was a buying machine. In my year back in the hobby... just one year, I've likely spent over 8,000 USD on horses. 5,000 USD easily going towards them. One of my absolute prides is my American ...

Updated 08-22-2012 at 04:02 PM by Miss Twist

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Rustoleum's Ultra Cover Primer

I like this primer, it goes on smooth, though it takes quite a bit of shaking.I've found that setting the model down and walking around it works much better than holding and spraying, though its a pain on the bigger models and getting their bellies. A bit a t a time though. Sadly, I'm out of primer, so I have to wait till the next trip to town. I'm going to try Krylon Flat White spray paint along with buying another can of Ultra Cover. Ordered some magic Sculpt. Hopefully it blends better onto the ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Model Horse Motives

"I want that"

That phrase often comes to mind when I see a new horse. Sometimes it doesn't matter the make, model, color, or scale. I see it, I want it, I must have it. But then I snap back to reality and realize that being a Manager at a Hotel doesn't really rake in the booty to toss on any and every model that I see. Additionally, while I feel my living accommodations are nicer than the others in my area I have come to peace with the realization that my house could not possibly ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. My First Completed Medallion!

I was itching to play with my smooth-on starter kit I had received last Xmas so I finally sat down and sculpted this little piece. I present to you, [I]Shinrin[/I], the woodland unicorn! [I]Shinrin [/I]seemed to be a fitting name for this little Fantasy Forest King. It means "wooded area" or "forest" in Japanese. He's available unpainted/unprepped for a very low ppd price. I can also paint one up for you as well! If you're interested, please feel free to contact me any time ...

Updated 07-23-2014 at 03:26 PM by RobinHoodFan

Categories
    Uncategorized