All Blog Entries

1. LAF = Life After Flick

I was asked at lunch the other day if I would get another horse after Flick. It's not too morbid to admit that I have plans for my real horse life once Flick has "kicked the bucket". Corrie's Tempa lived 'til 41, *Aladdinn 'til 35, some Morgans I took care of were in their 40s...but all the good living enhanced by drugs will not give Flick immortality.

Now, I'm sure good living and good drugs WILL let him see 30. He's already outlived his sire, dam and half brother. (And they
    Tags: flick
    Categories
    Flick
  2. Bored out of my mind - Stock Show!

I gotta wonder if I still have a mind. This not working thing is really not working for me. It's not like I've been making up by having a sparkling house, cuz I've not. I'm not going to magically have a completely clean house at any point in my life, why would I now?

It's National Western Stock Show time so I have been taking that in. Stock show is fun. For two weeks, it's cows and horses and rodeos all the time. Generally, I haven't always been "good" about getting to the
  3. Almost but not quite like being a "little" pregnant...

I am almost but not quite employed!

I talked to the boss yesterday. He asked me to check in periodically but didn't think he'd need a second designer.

I told him that I would be looking for a new position and having companies contact him. (Which is only different from what I'm doing in the later bit.) He seemed OK with that. Not like he could do much more than that. It's not like he's paying me anything.

I am have not and will not be picking up my desk things.
    Tags: job, unemployment
    Categories
    Job Woes
  4. A 3yr old and a 27 yr old meet in an arena...

Sounds like a bad joke, but it's not.

3yr old Guinness and 27yr old Flick were let loose to play in the arena tonight. Michael and I have been plotting this for awhile. Since his former horse and Flick were friends, we were wondering what the current two would think of each other.

Guinness is big - I mean BIG - like a whole hand bigger than Flick and large boned. Flick is short and fluffy plus a lot less playful and energetic than GMan. Of course, the age difference is
    Tags: flick, guinness
    Categories
    Flick
  5. *sigh*

So I totally jinxed myself with my last post...

Less than 24 hours after the last blog entry, I was in the hospital to get my infected gallbladder removed. Now...normally that is a pretty routine procedure, but due to my underlying health problems, it's been quite the mess.

They removed my gallbladder and inserted a catheter into my neck so that I could go in and do in-center dialysis. Well, turns out the general surgeon didn't do it correctly so I had to go back ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized