The Transaction Board (TTB) is informational only, as a service to help hobbyists make informed transaction decisions.
TTB depends on the integrity of the members who post to share fair and accurate information with the hobby.
The Transactions Board forum shares information about hobby transactions
(and only hobby
Itís also a place to ask for general advice
Requests for advice that do not name the other party should be phrased generally.
Posted information about specific hobby transactions must:
- Relate only factual, first-hand accounts. Posts may not include speculation and/or innuendo.
- Not include personal info such as email or home addresses, family or other non-hobby members.
- Do not load your post with anger and blasted warnings; no name-calling or aspersions. Such posts may be removed. Stay informational.
- All posts must include your true first and last name, either in the post or in your signature
- OR, you can log your first & last name into
the first/last name thread at the top of the TTB forum.
If you can't share your first & last name, you can't report a transaction in TTB.
The other party may be named, but if that person is not on Blab, in the interest of fairness,
please let the individual you are reporting know you are posting and why, with a link to the Blab thread.
Advise them they can register and respond at no cost.
Other parties may also notify the individual.
Blab takes no responsibility for such notifications. Blab management does not notify other parties about reports.
Do NOT post another party's personal information, such as email or other
contact information, address, personal or family information, etc. You may share
their usernames/screen names on Blab, eBay, etc. If there is a GOOD reason you may share their city and state to
help others know if they are in contact with the same person. Contact mods with serious issues that might
need further identification.
You may post the details in only one thread per transaction.
Once you have posted a thread about a transaction,
or added your transaction to an existing thread about the same person,
you may not open a new thread about the same transaction. Updates may be added to the existing thread for as long
as they occur.
The exception to the above rule is if you are changing "lights." That is, after another event(s) has occurred,
and you wish to increase your caution to a yellow or red, or lower the alert to green, or another change, you
may do that in a new thread. If you do
this, please post a link to the earlier thread in the first post and explain. Note that Blab mods do not change
thread titles to chand "lights," nor do Blab mods make any judgment on what "lights" are merited. It is up
to the poster and the reader to make their own judgment.
If you think your transaction is relevant in another thread, in that thread you may post a
link to the other reporting thread. (You may link directly to the post with the details, if you wish.) Blab encourages these links
to help keep all the information accessible to readers.
The terms "ROA," "rip-off artist" or similar characterizations may *not* be used on TTB, by anyone, in any post, in any context. It is too broad a generalization, and on TTB it is considered name-calling. If you think the term applies, you must leave it to the readers to reach their own conclusion from their own research.
If a thread-opening posts deviates in so many respects from TTB rules that there is little left after editing, it may be removed.
Refusal to post according to TTB rules will result in suspension from TTB.
TTB readers please note:
- Blab cannot guarantee the truth of any post. Blab makes no attempt to filter reports based on truthfulness.
- TTB can't promise complete or updated information on any transaction or hobbyist mentioned in a report.
- TTB can't promise that advice given is accurate or the best course of action.
- TTB is for sharing information only. Reports are not investigated by Blab, or any further action taken.
- Readers should exercise their own discretion and good judgment about the information posted.
What TTB is *not* intended to do:
*** TTB should not be used in anger. ***
Reporting a transaction on TTB is
a weapon to punish others;
a way to "stop" someone from engaging in transactions;
a court investigating all aspects of a transaction;
intended to be a hobby police.
TTB is merely a means to help
keep the hobby strong by passing on information only
about transactions, so hobbyists can make
informed transaction decisions. Blab is not the place for a member to try to do any of the above.
Deliberate misuse of TTB can lead to temporary or permanent suspension of access to the TTB forum, and very possibly all Blab.