Thread: TapATalk for Android

Blab Member Original Poster

Cool TapATalk for Android

So I got a new Droid Incredible and I want to be able to access the forum on my phone. Is there a possibility of adding TapATalk functionality to the site? It's free...

http://www.tapatalk.com/plugin

Addicted to Rose minis timberwolf's Avatar

I was wondering about this too. I have Tapatalk on my Nokia X6. I hadn't realised the forums had to be signed up for it to work.
    ALL photos in sig and avatar taken by me, Sharon Wishart.

Blog Entries

Great minds and all that ... this has been on my list to look into! I hadn't yet gotten as far as "free." To be bumped up the list. I know there are several Blabbers who would appreciate this.

Blab Member Original Poster

Where are we at on this? Is this going to go forward?

Thanks,
    Norma

Quote Originally Posted by Mary View Post
    Great minds and all that ... this has been on my list to look into! I hadn't yet gotten as far as "free." To be bumped up the list. I know there are several Blabbers who would appreciate this.
    Apparently this is an app that we can buy for iPhones,Android,Blackberry,iPad,iPod Touch, etc. ($2.99 for iPhones). Free for forum owners though! Sounds like it would be a fantastic addition for the Blab forums! I would definitely use it!
    http://tapatalk.com

Q: My favorite forums have not activated Tapatalk. What should I do?

A: Activating Taptalk is free for forum owners! We suggest you make the forum owners aware of this service and point them to this website as we have a dedicated section just for them. Alternatively you can copy and paste the feature list and screenshots in below section.

Tapatalk is a forum app on the iPhone, Android, webOS, Windows Phone 7 and BlackBerry. Tapatalk Forum App provides super fast on-the-go forum access to majority of the discussion forums that has activated the Tapatalk plugin.

Showing New and Unread Thread with Avatar and Number of reply:

Images are thread are converted to thumbnail and allow full-screen viewing

Ability to see Who's Online and what they are doing:

Ability to search by topics and posts:

Ability to upload images directly from Android and iPhone!:

Forum Moderation support:

Check out http://www.tapatalk.com for more information!

Blog Entries

Good sales pitch!

Have reviewed this twice since the thread opened last year. The first thing was to make sure Blab's sw provider did not see it in any way as a mod that would cause support issues. Then the provider was promising to issue their own fully integrated app. Then they did. Holy smokes the cost!

Time to take another look at adding tapatalk ... with luck it's non-interfering of the web side, and installs quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Mary View Post
    Good sales pitch!

Have reviewed this twice since the thread opened last year. The first thing was to make sure Blab's sw provider did not see it in any way as a mod that would cause support issues. Then the provider was promising to issue their own fully integrated app. Then they did. Holy smokes the cost!

Time to take another look at adding tapatalk ... with luck it's non-interfering of the web side, and installs quickly.
    Ha! Not selling, just thought it would be more informative initially. I haven't used it yet, but the Cruise Critic site has it available for their forums which looks like a very similar program that's used here. Tapatalk says it's used on lots of forums, but I'm not on many and that's the only one that I've come across so far.
    As far as the technical stuff, uh, you know more than I do! LOL!

I was really excited to see there is a mobile site for Blab now and plan to investigate from my phone soonest!

However, I frequent another non-modelhorse forum on MobileRead.com and they have had a nice mobile site for some time, which I used on my Android phone. But when they recently enabled Tapatalk for the forum, I was SERIOUSLY BLOWN AWAY by how much nicer and easier access was! I don't bother with the MobileRead mobile site any more, because from Tapatalk, I can easily stay logged in, access PMs, subscriptions, everything I need to pretty much. It's very nice indeed and I know I would be more active on the forums here if Blab had Tapatalk access!

Blog Entries

Thank you for the feedback!

I am happy to consider it, but it does get wedged between all kinds of competing priorities ...

Glad to know it is at least under consideration! The Mobile site is nice by the way, so at least I can access via that mode more often!

Hey Mary,
    Any news on this yet? Please? Pretty Please? It would be so cool to be able to post with people in real time when we're stuck at home and they're in line at BF, waiting on the NPOD or any other model event. But most importantly being able to access Blab whenever I want.