Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Blab Mobile

I honestly miss my old Windows Mobile "Blackberry style" phone. It slightly reoriented websites so that they displayed perfectly on my PDA - buttons were a bit larger, no side-scrolling. I'm sorry that technology was abandoned in favor of displays that simulate the computer screen appearance... and basically require the *websites* to "redo" themselves in order to be functional on the phone. The phone is the aberration, not the website. It doesn't make sense that millions of websites need alt versions just to talk to a phone, when the technology to address that could be deployed by the phone OS designers.

I have to do a lot of side scrolling/zooming to see Blab on my mobile phone, and I also have trouble hitting the small "arrow" buttons. Half the time I accidentally hit the author's name (which is right next to the arrows) and get stuck on his/her profile. My Blab browsing experience via mobile phone went down the tubes when I went to a new touchscreen.

Blab Member Original Poster

My Hero wraps the text based on the screen size and all... But some of the links I need to "click" (more like zoom in and hope your finger hits the right one) are just so damn small. We're in an era where a good chunk of the population uses their phones to surf the net now, and for the subscription fee I think Blab can afford to make this upgrade.

Who needs Blab drama when there's Sochi!?
    Natalie Kilpatrick

I can get to blab from my android phone....and even post some....but sure would be easier with a mobile version. Kinda like using the Facebook app as opposed to using the browser and going to Facebook. I can do either, but it sure is easier with the app.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NatalieK View Post
    http://phpbb-mobile.com/

I can has, please?
    Wrong bulletin board software, sorry 'bout that.

Thread from October
    . Other avenues are under investigation as well ... but it isn't going to be immediate. Is this for surfing from work, perchance?

Blab Member Original Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Mary View Post
    Wrong bulletin board software, sorry 'bout that.

Thread from October
    . Other avenues are under investigation as well ... but it isn't going to be immediate. Is this for surfing from work, perchance?
    It's for surfing from my phone when I'm stuck at my boyfriends' parents house when he bugs me to come over there with him while 2 hours into it I've heard only 5 words in English and 5,000,000 in Polish. LOL

Who needs Blab drama when there's Sochi!?
    Natalie Kilpatrick

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NatalieK View Post
    It's for surfing from my phone when I'm stuck at my boyfriends' parents house when he bugs me to come over there with him while 2 hours into it I've heard only 5 words in English and 5,000,000 in Polish. LOL
    I see your problem. I'd love to put this on Track Urgent. It's a time & resources trade-off.

BUT - I want this done, alot. Maybe not quite as desperately urgently as you, Natalie , but I am very serious about this step for Blab.

I am bumping this as I am admin for a vBullentin forum in Sweden and got a request to install http://tapatalk.com/ - which is an mobile app for forums.
    It was really easy to install on the forum (as an external program) and then I registered the forum on tapatalk so people can find it.

Maybe something for Blab?

Blog Entries

click here - released July 5th

The thread above will be moved from Blab B'day to Blab Support in a couple of weeks.

Closing this thread.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12