Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Be aware: Buyer obiforever / Pamela VanCortlandt / Jessica Bradshaw / Toby Van

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blab Member Original Poster

Default Be aware: Buyer obiforever / Pamela VanCortlandt / Jessica Bradshaw / Toby Van

Added: Link to new 2015 report

=========================

Hey guys I know I don't post on here all the time, I *try* to not be too involved on all the online things so I can get work done...things have been super busy lately and I work from home..so sorry about not being too involved but I do love all you guys! So I was wondering if you may be able to give any advice on this sour transaction.

I haven't sold much on ebay in a while, but I was given the opportunity recently to buy my favorite horse at a friend's farm, and of course can't pass that up with such a good price etc. and so I sold some horses on ebay to try to get quicker cash. One of them was the Stone MHB Honey which I was sad to have to sell but you can all understand for a real horse

I packed the horse in the mummy wrappings I always do and sent it. The buyer was a pain in the beginning because she asked me if she could do a buy it now and that she had really wanted it for a bday gift for someone and in this hobby we often do deal with people and so I dealt with her and we agreed on a price. Then after she got the horse, she says she unwrapped it, and saw a speck on the hoof, rubbed it and that the paint started peeling off the hooves as if it were a decal. She never provided any photo proof or asked for a refund or anything at this time. I suggested sealant and told her how to do all that and fix it up. She then got belligerent about how she shouldn't have to do this blah blah and from them on started changing her story in each email to me and still not providing any evidence. It is starting to get fishier and fishier and she is now saying that I obviously sold the horse already damaged and knew it was damaged etc. and is saying about how I sold other models for over 600 and that I obviously have money. She STILL has not provided any photos or actually come out nicely and asked for any kind of refund or anything. It just hurts that she is calling me a liar when I know this horse was pristine and came right from my curio to her door!

Personally I think she unwrapped it, saw a speck of lint, rubbed it and damaged it herself and is now mad and seeking to blame me...or she didn't damage it at all and is just mad that she had to pay more than she wanted, and is now trying to get money from me.

Her emails after the first have all been pretty nasty and accusatory and she has not once just nicely asked if there would be something to do to make it right. I think that was what has put me on the defense, is that she has just seemed unwilling to just show proof and ask nicely and give me a chance to respond before jumping all over me!

So what do you think? If it goes to a complaint with ebay, will they review the emails and see that I have been gracious and trying to offer suggestions and she has refused to provide proof or even say WHAT she wants to have done?

Thanks for listening
    Last edited by Mary; 09-13-2015 at 09:56 PM. Reason: add 2015 report link

This is what I hate about ebay! It's so darn convenient, but sometimes real turds ruin the experience for the rest of us.

In your situation, I think I would start with asking her for some pictures as proof of the damage, and then make an offer to pay her a small amount for the repair, or to refund her the money in exchange for the model. Buyers like her are people you really just want to stop dealing with...pretty much however you can. You're certainly not in the wrong--from what you said, it sounds like you've tried to do everything right--but I'm afraid you'll have to continue to bend over backwards just to keep her from making this nasty with ebay. But at least if you get some pictures out of her, you've got an idea what she's talking about, and a good place to start figuring out where to go from here.
    Robin G. Roberts. Lover of Furies, Flashes, Fighting Stallions, Five Gaiters and F-Indian Ponies. And other OF models that I can't finagle into starting with an F-sound.
    Check out my listings on MH$P or on ebay for rare models!

She can file with Ebay and not have to provide photos so I'd get a move on figuring out what the heck she wants. Buyers have the upper hand now. Yeah it sucks, but that's just how it is. I'd just ask her to send photos and what does she think is fair to resolve the situation. And give her options. Don't leave it open for her to become in charge of the situation. Tell her you will give her a refund if the horse is returned to you (she tried to dupe you by doing the BUy It Now and doing the birthday line of crap so many folks do). And I don't care if you have 'No REFUNDS' plastered all over your page. Ebay doesn't care and Buyer Protection basically makes your own personal rules null and void. Not sure if that's even on your auctions, just wanted to point it out for general knowledge.

Pictures FIRST. Then try to figure out what to do. She IS right in that she shouldn't have to repair it. RIght now you're looking at an Item Not as Described if she's telling the truth. Get photos, try to stay polite (though I know how hard it is with a rude person) and keep ALL messages within the Ebay system (no private emails!).

thanks guys. Yeah Jaime I have kept them all in the ebay system and I have asked her for photos over and over and that is the main problem that she's not providing, and saying her hard drive crashed yeah right and that she had to borrow a camera..again..ugh!!! I will definitely not be dealing with this person again LOL. I think the main thing is just needing to vent even though I'll probably have to waste money on this loony.

Take a number and get in line Stitch's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The Honey paint jobs and the paint flaking off, I've had two do this. If there is a small speck of it missing missing it is really easy for the paint to flake off around the area with a little effort. I would ask for photos and see just what kind of damage is done.
    ۝ April Currier ۝

I have had a couple of buyers like this on eBay over the years, and my opinion is they were just fishing for a partial refund to get some money back. I said I would like to see pictures of the flaws, and they could return it for a full refund if they were not happy. In all the cases they quickly disappeared. I either never heard from them again or got a quick "oh, it's not that bad after all" kind of e-mail. Very sketchy!

If someone genuinely feels the item was misdescribed or something happened in shipping they will gladly send pictures and usually be happy to return the item.

Blab Member

Make sure you specify the item is returned in the condition shown in the photos as a condition of receiving a full refund. Some folks are just nasty enough to trash a piece.

I used this tactic on a similar POS ebay buyer, and it worked - he shut up and put up.

Keren
    Keren Gilfoyle-McGroarty - !o-mi! miniatures OOAK tack, riders and more

hehe thanks Keren yeah I'm hoping she'll either send the freakin photos and agree to something or back down!

So this person is obviously crazy....I've talked to her and offered to give her a full refund for horse, offered to send her supplies and tell her how to seal the hooves, and offered to pay for repairs..IF She could provide photos. She claims she took them and that it took her 3 hours, and that she sent them but I never got anything, the emails were blank. She also claims her hard drive died, that her dad's in the hospital etc. Then after that I decided to report her because she keeps getting crazier and crazier and then she reported me after I told her I didn't' get the pics and that could she put them on something like photobucket. She claims to ebay that I wasn't answering her emails! Her last email to me before opening a case was completely crazy!! She said that I was forced by my husband to sell my horses and that I just recently bought a 1000 stone model...again WTF because I did not do that LOL and never would've just told some random ebay buyer if I had..she says since I sold horses to buy a real horse AND bought a stone model, that that proves I'm dishonest. I responded in her case a couple of times and then just clicked on the thing to ask for the horse back for a refund, but she is being a pain and saying she wants to have it repaired..which I still don't even know if it's messed up to begin with, her story keeps changing in each e-mail it seems! She claims that it'd be 100s of dollars to fix the hoof paint..yeah right..so I am at the point now where I'd like to send her some websites of any of you artists that could give a REAL estimate for her to fix the so called damage. I sent her a couple that I knew of off hand, but probably should send more. She says that I'm obviously not a collector and that I am too dishonest to be an artist what an insane insane person!!! oh and NOW she claims the box was actually damaged when the very first e-mail from her stated that she saw lint on the hoof, rubbed it and paint came off..now it's escalated to me being to blame and and dishonest because I sold the horse with damages and lied and sent it in a flimsy box and that they weren't even MY pictures sooooo sick of this person!!!!! Thanks in advance for any help!!

Blog Entries

ugh, well I really don't want to deal with someone like this. Could you please PM me their ebay ID so I can block them (from everything!)

Have you checked MHHR and here to see if anyone else had issues with this person?
    ۝ April Currier ۝

Yes, please LMK this person as well. Need to block her too.

THanks, Debb

Blab Member

Alright. Here is my story with this buyer.

And before I start, yes I dealt with (or so I think) a lady named Pamela, the shipping address to someone named Toby, and the e-mail address does appear to possibly be Jessica.

I sold 2 Companion Animal Goat still in package. She said they would be used to fundraise for the animal shelter and that the money was coming out of her pocket. She talked me down quite a bit on them (I figured it was going to a good cause so what the heck).

She asked me to package them in a box to prevent damage because packages were getting smashed with her mail delivery. So I did, which I would have done anyway.

I am going to paraphrase a lot from here on out, just for the sake of space and sanity.

And please note, that I did not see this thread until after the last message was sent on April 18th.

April 16th - Well, a day after they were delivered, I show having a case opened on one of the goats. It was an item not as described case with a message saying that she was very upset and that “You did not tell me that the left hind leg is totally bent out of shape! (Besides the paint missing off the hock or "heel" part of leg.) It is still unopened in its package.” She asked what am going to do about this and that she would not pay shipping back.

Around 10 minutes later I respond:
    Asking her politely to please send me photos and that I would not intentionally not disclose any flaws, etc...

And then not a few minutes after I sent that I get an eBay message saying that:
    She tried contacting me directly but ebay tricked her into opening a case. She said that was not her intentions, the system isn’t working and that this all is taking a lot of time which is making her more upset. Then she proceeds to say what she said in the case about the “bent leg.”

I responded back immediately, saying I am sorry about her being upset but I need to see photos (all politely and I thought non-confrontational).

2 days passed, April 18th I offered the refund option with a return through the eBay Resolution Center.

I get a message that same day saying she will not pay shipping on a damaged item (her grammar style also changed) and that these were supposed to be for volunteers and now that can’t happen, that she could have found them elsewhere. Said she will take photos and escalate the case to eBay.

I respond that I will do my best to work with her, all I asked were for photos to determine how to proceed. If I made a mistake, I would do my best to make it right but honestly I feel that no matter what I do it will not be right in her eyes.

And she respond that I am right there is not anything I can do to make it right, time is money rescuing animals and getting the card out and taking photos is time. She said apparently I think she is making this up and she trusted me to represent my items correctly and that she would take the photos and send them to ebay, rather than continue dealing with this

So I told her that I hope she never makes any mistakes and that I am only human, people make mistakes, if I made one I will do my best to make it right.

She responded that she is under a lot of pressure (sick animals, etc..), she’ll send me the photos first, but said that I appear totally unsympathetic.

And the last message I sent her was that
    I have to treat you like any other buyer, I ask for photos…To me, it is the only fair way to determine the proper resolution. That is just the way it is…But believe me, I am very sympathetic. I feel really bad if I did make a mistake and you have to deal with all of this. I respect what you do.

Well I didn’t hear anything from her until today: May 8th where she escalated the case to eBay.

So we’ll see what happens, does anyone have any suggestions? I have never had a case get escalated to eBay like this.
    Last edited by Katie89; 05-08-2013 at 05:06 PM.

-Katie Merritt
    You can find me at my new home: http://onlymodelhorses.proboards.com/

Sure April I will send you the name. I did search on MHHR and here and didn't see the name except mentioned once on MHHR as being someone who bought something and it was fine..so hard tos ay! Maybe they just snapped!!

Blog Entries

Maybe an off day? Her feedback via ebay is ok and by the looks of it she has dealt with a few Breyer dealers (or at least one of them)
    ۝ April Currier ۝

Oh good gravy, please message me to so I can block this person. We're all stocked up on crazy here.

What *is* it this week? Sheesh!
    Carra McClelland
    It's not a problem, it's a project - AutoRestoMod

No matter who asks, I was here with you. Got it?

Quote Originally Posted by anniemare View Post
    What *is* it this week? Sheesh!
    People who missed the actual full moon and decided to make up for it? I don't know. I haven't experienced any issues with either of my Honeys (I have one of the run and the test for the run) but I have heard that the paint is a bit fragile on some.
    Gina Witters
    Palmetto State Pirate
    http://www.autorestomod.com/
    http://www.youtube.com/autorestomod/ ARM Yourself
    "House rules, Sammy. Driver picks the music; shotgun shuts his cake hole." - Dean Winchester

yeah crazy people a plenty!!! I even had a freaking yard decoration stolen from my flower garden last week..it was an LED solar hummingbird.

Ok so I already requested the horse back for a full refund, but today sent the buyer a couple of people's sites to contact them for repair quotes. Now I get an e-mail saying she has decided to escalate it to ebay for them to decide. I sure hope they don't make me give her a full refund AND let her keep the horse especially since she hasn't even proven any damages. I'm ready to throttle her!

Blab Member
    Blog Entries

PM me of her info too i would like to block her!

| | | |

Blab Member

Quote Originally Posted by FriesianFury View Post
    PM me of her info too i would like to block her!
    To heck with PM-ing people - I think at this point, with this level of crazy, the person deserves to be named. I know I sure as heck would never deal with her after reading this.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast