Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Be aware: Buyer obiforever / Pamela VanCortlandt / Jessica Bradshaw / Toby Van

There's Horses In There! Beethovens7th's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Katie89 View Post
    Thank You
    You are most welcome!

Blab Member

I am so confused right now.

I just got a positive feedback from the same buyer (if you'll remember she bought 2 goats) for the OTHER goat:

"AAA+++Beautiful, mint, I APOLOGIZE for INCORRECT negative feedbk on cream goat!!"

-Katie Merritt
    You can find me at my new home: http://onlymodelhorses.proboards.com/

Blab Member

She has requested that I send a feedback revision request (through a reply on the negative feedback). So I did. We'll see what happens I guess.

-Katie Merritt

Blog Entries

I think my brain just expoloded. HOlY COW.
    -Amanda Brock-
    Website | Facebook | Pinterest | Etsy
    Avatar: Malikai, my first original sculpture available on my website now!!

Blab Member

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda View Post
    I think my brain just expoloded. HOlY COW.
    You and me both.

She did revise and positive was left:

Seller refunded money& didnt realize it was damaged.Gave her no time to respond

Then about 10 minutes later she followed up to the above feedback:

Do have photos to show damage, as you requested, but had no time to send yet.

Sooo....yeah.

-Katie Merritt

Hobby folk! BEWARE of this buyer, Pamela VanCortlandt aka Jessica Bradshaw aka Toby Vandervalk. She is now fishing for free/cheap models on MH$P!

I really should have followed my gut and just not dealt with her at all. She sent me several demanding emails in a period of 2 days based on an ad I posted on MH$P. I am working full-time and out of town, so I didn't respond right away. She sent me long stories about having a rescue organization, and asked if I would be willing to "donate" the horse. Then she pleaded to make it less than $60 because "that is all that is left on my credit card". I wasn't interested in giving this particular horse away, even though he is a regular run Breyer from the late 90's, but I took $25 off my asking price and sold for just $50. Then she requested photos. I sent her nice, large photos, but they "aren't clear like everybody else's pictures". On one of my rare days off work, I took several photos from several angles in clear daylight and sent them to her. She asked several specific questions regarding condition and his accessories, then suddenly paid for it, then sent me an email requesting that I not send it yet until she confirms she wants it. I bluntly told her that the horse probably will not meet her (ahem, unrealistic) standards, and I gave a list of all his flaws along with pictures of those flaws. She then requested that I send the package insured even though she didn't pay the extra fee I stated in an earlier email... and with how crazy she seemed, I paid it, thinking better safe than sorry. I was always cordial, honest, and helpful in my emails.

Imagine my lack of surprise when she received the horse and started sending me long, emotional emails about how truly upset she is with me for wrongfully advertising my horse on MH$P... keep in mind that I wrote nothing in the ad other than name and price, it was just a simple sales list. She insists that his gray shading (on a gray horse) is a stain/mark that cannot be removed, and that she is going to contact the owner of MH$P for misrepresenting items and also "take further action which I will do without explanation to you". I really don't appreciate threatening language over something like that. I sent her one final email explaining that I truly believe it is his original factory finish to have the varied shading; he has always looked that way and I am the original owner. I apologized that she wasn't happy with him, but I'm not paying for shipping if she decides to return him. I don't accept returns for my ads anyway, considering I'm so rarely at home to retrieve packages. This entire transaction has been utterly EXHAUSTING.

[mod edit: Removed speculation not allowed in TTB.] For people who have shipped to her, feel free to google/satellite view her house... a huge California house in a neighborhood with a pool in every back yard? Somehow, I wouldn't believe *any* of her pity stories. I have also blocked "obiforever" on ebay.. she actually purchased some horses from me years ago without issue, besides the long messages about packing extra carefully because USPS has been beating up all her packages recently. [mod edit: Removed speculation not allowed in TTB], so beware.
    Last edited by Mary; 05-13-2013 at 11:00 PM. Reason: mod edit
    Love those Eberls
    !

Blab Member

Ugh! Ridiculous. That's the thing, some transaction go perfectly fine yet she decides on certain ones to have issues with. I see she doesn't have much feedback on MHHR, except for a couple a few years back.

-Katie Merritt

Katie, just make sure after you are finished with all this that you block her!!!

Blab Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beethovens7th View Post
    Katie, just make sure after you are finished with all this that you block her!!!
    Waaaaayyyy ahead of you I did that the moment I read this thread.

-Katie Merritt

Quote Originally Posted by Katie89 View Post
    Waaaaayyyy ahead of you I did that the moment I read this thread.
    Good good good!
    Husband suggests i call eBay.

Take a number and get in line Stitch's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    ۝ April Currier ۝

Blab Member

:snort: She writes screenplays..... 'Nuff said.

Sara Wolf

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~Sara

Quote Originally Posted by windfall View Post
    Hobby folk! BEWARE of this buyer, Pamela VanCortlandt aka Jessica Bradshaw aka Toby Vandervalk. She is now fishing for free/cheap models on MH$P! I really should have followed my gut and just not dealt with her at all.
    <--- Amen to that! I *so* wish I had seen this threat before I sold an OF Breyer to "Pamela" recently after she responded to an ad of mine on MH$P. After 30 or so emails back and forth, in which she asked a number of very detailed and repetitive questions (I responded with as much info as I could give her, including a number of photos from all angles and detail views) and also requested I donate the shipping costs to her horse rescue (?!), I somehow still thought it was a good idea to sell to her. Ugh. She sent me payment through Paypal and I shipped the horse (very well packaged) the next day. Upon receipt, she shot off a VERY nasty email to me alleging that I had withheld information about the condition of the model and claiming that he had all sorts of damage (crushed nose/side of face, yellowed, etc.), which definitely was not the case when I packed him up very carefully. She threatened to "take action" if I didn't do something to fix it. No joke, I had sent this woman a dozen photographs of the model before she bought him, and any of the things she complained about should have been obvious from the photos IF they actually existed!

I managed to hold my tongue and simply responded with a short email stating I was sorry she wasn't pleased with him, and that I would give her a full refund if she repacked him carefully up in his original packaging and shipped him back to me. I also noted that he was insured for the sale price ($50), and if she felt the damage arose from post office mishandling then she could file a claim with USPS. She replied the same evening in a MUCH nicer tone, apologizing for her accusations and saying she just had another deal go sour on MH$P so she expected I would be similarly difficult to deal with. She also acknowledged that I had packed him very well, and said the factory had really screwed up his nose and eye (not something I ever noticed, but in any case, that area certainly was shown in detail in the photographs). I didn't reply again, and I haven't heard a thing from her since, several weeks ago now. My suspicion is she was hoping I would offer to give her a partial refund, and she doesn't want to send him back (since there is nothing wrong with him!) for the full refund.

In any case, after seeing this threat I feel pretty foolish for not doing a quick search here before I sold to her. Hopefully others will not make the same mistake. AVOID, AVOID, AVOID!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456