Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First time in history: Unrealistic Model Horse forum in The Ranch

under the oaks Original Poster Mary's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default First time in history: Unrealistic Model Horse forum in The Ranch

you know we have to have a music theme ... click here

Decorator ... fantasy ... fantasy settings & photography ... horse-based creatures ... and the customizing and work-in-progress ...

Blab is putting it all together in a new sub-forum, Unrealistic Model Horses & Part-Horses. (click to access)

(Better wording or ideas for the forum name are welcome !!! )

One reason ... already there are many threads to start it with! The topic has proven itself to have Blabber interest.

Hobby traditionalists who are faithful to realism may be gasping for air to have this forum under The Ranch. Completely understandable, based on hobby history!

But after a thoughtful discussion among the mods, we acknowledge that the hobby is evolving, expanding. From Breyerfest to open shows to Blab, more hobbyists are showing an interest in a topic that, several years ago, could barely sustain a single thread.

Please pm me or any of the mods links to threads that haven't yet been moved but do belong in the new forum. It will be nice to gather all to where they are easily accessible and viewable by those who enjoy unrealistic models!

Love the idea! I have become drawn to some of the fantasy creations I've seen here. How about calling it "Fantasy and Decorator"? Unrealistic somehow strikes me as "not great quality." Probably just me, but that's the connotation I get. This will be a fun forum!

Have I told you and the other mods lately how awesome you all are?

~ Eleda

Shipping models worldwide since 2012. www.TripleMountain.com ~ Like us on Facebook for notice of new arrivals!

Kelsie S. ~ Psalm 63 ~ I have a blog!

Squads left, squads right! Farmers, farmers, we're all right!
    Load, ready, aim, fire, BOOM! Reload! Aaaaaaaaaaaaa! A&M, give us room! A-WHOOP!
    BTHO Mississippi State!

We need a "whats new in your studio Fantasy/Deco style" thread

How bout just Fantasy Equid? Or even just Fantasy. I'm with you Eleda there is something about the semantics of unrealistic that doesn't sit comfortably

This made my day today

yay!
    Lynn Royea

- Facebook - Website - Sales -

this rocks!
    Emily Bevacqua (Bailey)

Looking for any Marguerite Henry Models: INCLUDING MISTY II, BLACK MIST AND TWISTER! PM ME!!
    http://www.modelcritter.com - International Model Critter (Collectible) Registry

Yay!
    Iceland <3

-Mira Pyy-

Blog Entries

Fantasy & Decorator can be the name ... is this broad enough to cover all HSO's that aren't realistic?

Sure! It's far better than my RAOH (random act of horse) description. And if some dragons etc want to sneak in there what with Kitty releasing a second well they will be welcome also

Quote Originally Posted by Mary View Post
    Fantasy & Decorator can be the name ... is this broad enough to cover all HSO's that aren't realistic?
    i think so!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RivnRo View Post
    Sure! It's far better than my RAOH (random act of horse) description. And if some dragons etc want to sneak in there what with Kitty releasing a second well they will be welcome also
    I'm good with it. My fingers are crossed there is some sort of connection with a horse ... but you know, my current frame of mind is that It's All Good. Maybe a horse could be in the picture with the dragon, but I won't even insist on that.

In other words, if the thing isn't exactly an equid by any stretch of the Imagination ... go ahead and share it! We'll try that ...

Let's have fun and just see where this goes. A broad imagination and some glue and resin will make Blab that much more fun to browse! (for me )

Non, je regrette rien ramiethepeep's Avatar
    Regretting absolutely nothing. In Finland.

I have this massive, long-unscratched-itch to sculpt a gryphon (Classic scale ), so I rather like 'Fantasy & Decorator' and I gotta say that I agree that 'Unrealistic' sounds awfully like a backhanded compliment.

Awfully fun to pave new hobby roads, eh? Today a forum on Blab, tomorrow a 'Fantasy' divison at NAN, next week the woooorrrrrllllldddddddd.

Paid Participant PixelPerfectStables's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ramiethepeep View Post
    I have this massive, long-unscratched-itch to sculpt a gryphon (Classic scale ), so I rather like 'Fantasy & Decorator' and I gotta say that I agree that 'Unrealistic' sounds awfully like a backhanded compliment.

Awfully fun to pave new hobby roads, eh? Today a forum on Blab, tomorrow a 'Fantasy' divison at NAN, next week the woooorrrrrllllldddddddd.
    (Sorry, I couldn't resist...some of us are still Ramie Minions at heart )
    Amanda Reed
    Pixel Perfect Stables
    "I feel like a fairy godmother, only I grant NAN cards instead of wishes"
    New England Novice Extravaganza 4- June 10th, 2017- Spencer MA
    The Region 10 Championships (TRXC)- November 4-5, 2017 - Amherst MA

Blab Member

Another minion agrees with Ramie! Yay fantasy thread!
    ~Tracy Robertson~ my collection! Visit my Studio FB page and Website!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Blog Entries

All hail the great Peep Ramie!

Didn't the knights use horses to ride to slay the dragons? Yep! Close enough for me!

Works for me

Six degrees of horse!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast