Thread: What if we create a Tutorial board?

Blab Member Original Poster

Default What if we create a Tutorial board?

I have a Breyer Pacer up for custom and I would like to add some feathers to his legs so he looks more like the pacers we have here in Norway.

( http://www.hestemarked.no/vip/41786/...%C3%B8ring.JPG )

Because of this I am looking for tutorials on stuff like this.
    Not only on feathers but I'd also love to hear peoples methods (or preferably a tutorial) on how to carve the hooves properly, what bits you use for the different things, how to creat a new mane and tail, sex change, painting of hooves and eyes, shaping of new ears, legs, change of legs possitions etc

I'm thinking we could create a whole new board on the forum just for tutorials? Or a article site?
    I'm thinking tutorials made for us n00bs by the incredibly talentet people on here.
    Of course if you google it, many different tutorials shows up. I'm thinking we should collect as many tutorials as possible in one place, so that it is easier to find them!
    Sounds good?

That is essentially the aim for the classroom area. I know Sara did a great tutorial on feathers

Ahaaa! :O
    Well then I guess there is no need for a forum. But still, maybe a collection of articles, without the replies from readers?

Lol well that's no fun!! Often there are insights and geat banter after the post. Blab does have the articles section with a few pieces like Rayvin's mouth sculpting tutorial. Most artist seem to prefer to host their articles and how to's themselves or don't think to offer them to Mary for the section.

There is also the Studio Library.

Blog Entries

We have an Articles section in the tabs at the top. Many of the artists prefer to keep their writing to their own blogs, though.

I really think you will find a good deal of what you are looking for already exists somewhere in The Studio. Do some browsing and searching for things you are interested in, and if you don't find it, start a thread in the appropriate forum. Note that you do need to be a paid member to browse The Studio, but there are some low-cost options if those are helpful.

You can find things of interest by ...
    - top links bar, far right, Advanced Search
    - you can search many info areas on the landing screen; or switch to the tab for a single area
    - search by term ... scroll down to filter by forum, date, and whether you want threads or individual posts

If someone would like to take on a Tagging project, look through threads and tag them. PM me for permission to tag. If there are tags to add, send me a list.

Quote Originally Posted by RivnRo View Post
    That is essentially the aim for the classroom area. I know Sara did a great tutorial on feathers

I know what you mean though, just a tutorial only area so things are easy to find would definitley be handy.....but it's all essentially here....somewhere

BTW here ya go: http://friesianfury.blogspot.com/201...ulpt-them.html

Alright thanks!