Thread: What's in a Name

Blab Member Original Poster

Default What's in a Name

I think it would be really neat if we moved the Breeds etc subforum What's in a Name to the Arena and made it an all members postable forum.

I understand (or at least, I think I do) that it's in Breeds/Genetics/Colour because of the lengthy process of certain realistic names and so forth, which go well with the genetics side of that sub forum, but on the other hand, some OF collectors, most showers, and most CMers (or CM buyers) have to come up with names, whether "correct" or just fun and original, so it would fit just as well in a more general model horse discussion area.

It gets very little attention right now anyway (at some point it had only one thread sitting in it and it has only gained 4 since 2013 began), so the exclusivity isn't really helping it, and it's a fun simple to complicated section that I enjoy reading many posts in- except it's not getting many at all. It would be fun to be able to read through it and see more people's responses.

Blab Member

I really wish the breed assignment and pedigree forum was open to everyone. It would really help newbies like me.

Blab Member Original Poster

When I didn't have a subscription, I wished everything was open :P I can sorta understand why that section as a whole is losed (at least as well as I can understand any of it), but I think What's in a Name would be so nice to have in the Arena, even for paid members. There are way more people there to give input.

Blog Entries

Subscriptions can be had on a temporary basis for $1.80 per month. (Or permanent is a member allows the $1.80 monthly to keep rolling over ... or just pay $18 for a year.)

In all honesty, Blab probably has too much free material as it is now. It kind of evolved that way, and it is hard to take more away into the paid area. The great majority of members are not paying, so apparently there is not a huge incentive to ante up for the paid topics for most people.

Blab has to pay the bills somehow. And it is important for Blab to be on a footing that is sustainable for the long-term future.

I am kind of surprised that there is any content on Blab that is free, though I have enjoyed it. I am extremely surprised to learn that most members are not paid. The cost is so reasonable and there is so much to be learned from all the forums.

What you lookig for? I raise spotted Paso Finos for real and Ive studied horse color to be able to produce show quality Pinto pasos.Also our guys are ethnically named to honor their Spanish heritage.Ive tried to name all our foals names that reflect Indian and spanish qualities.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 4-beatmama View Post
    What you lookig for? I raise spotted Paso Finos for real and Ive studied horse color to be able to produce show quality Pinto pasos.Also our guys are ethnically named to honor their Spanish heritage.Ive tried to name all our foals names that reflect Indian and spanish qualities.
    I'm not quite sure what you are offering ... but please observe that topics must be kept to the forum they belong to. That is, you can't offer the information you mention in this thread ... you need to take it to the Breed forum.

You have the option to communicate about topics outside the proper forum through private message, though.

Blab encourages new members to take a look at the FAQ link in upper blue bar.