Thread: Real equine forum, either block it or open it.

Default Real equine forum, either block it or open it.

I've noticed that the sub-forum for real equine is accessable to non-subscribers, but you can't open the different threads.
    My suggestion is that if you can't read the threads in the forum, disable that forum altogether for non-subscribers. There's no point in being able to read only the topics and nothing else since it just creates frustration when you see a topic you're really interested in, and when you click it.. wa-wa-waaaa, too bad.. And if not, at least make it like the sale page, non-sub can see topics and read threads, but not post.

I think the point to having it viewable in this manner would be to generate interest so people do get a sub. Not a point in your face 'wa wa waaa' moment.

Take a number and get in line Stitch's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It IS to generate interest as Sandra has pointed out. Subscriptions are offered month to month now
    ۝ April Currier ۝

Wouldn't it be more effective to have more forums open like that then? Surely most people come here to talk about model horses and then to use the forums only real equine forum as bait makes me feel like it could be more effective to have other forums open as well.

I pay $1.80 per month for a subscription. It is not a huge investment to become a member of Blab. If all the forums that everyone wanted to see were open, there would be no point to having memberships and no money to pay to host and manage the forum.

Think you missunderstand what I mean by open. The real equestrian forum are open to a point where you can enter it and see the list of threads, but you're blocked from opening threads and reading them. If this is meant to be bait to get more subscribers maybe it would be more effetive to have other forums open like that.

Blab Member

Quote Originally Posted by iNHALE View Post
    Think you missunderstand what I mean by open. The real equestrian forum are open to a point where you can enter it and see the list of threads, but you're blocked from opening threads and reading them. If this is meant to be bait to get more subscribers maybe it would be more effetive to have other forums open like that.
    This would be worded as, "Read only."

Who needs Blab drama when there's Sochi!?
    Natalie Kilpatrick

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by iNHALE View Post
    Your point is noted. Might be a good thought for The Studio as well.