Thread: Splitting Resin Sales Forums Into Painted & Unpainted

Blab Member Original Poster
    Blog Entries

Post Splitting Resin Sales Forums Into Painted & Unpainted

I suggested this in another thread but thought I'd post it's own thread to see everyone's thoughts.

My suggestion is to split "Resin - Sales" into "Unpainted Resin - Sales" and "Painted Resin - Sales".

All to often I see a name in a title of a horse I really want only to find it's a painted one. Often the titles don't say painted or unpainted..sometimes they just say "resins for sale". I only buy unpainted so It would be incredibly helpful to easily be able to look through a forum of unpainted threads as opposed to the myriad of mixes. I just feel like it would keep things a lot more organized and easy to find.

Thoughts?

Blog Entries

I think this is an excellent idea. Thanks for chipping it in!

Give me a few days to clear some other work, and then start on the Sales Forum ...

I like this idea
    Lynn Royea

- Facebook - Website - Sales -

Also like this idea !

My Collection.

Natalie Sherard

Blab Member

Great idea, Christina. Like you, I only buy unpainted resins and splitting the Resins into painted and unpainted would save a lot of searching!
    Laurel A. Haig - Red Horse Artworks

Join my Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/357041901335934/
    And don't forget my web page:
    http://www.redhorseartworks.com/

The cats let us live here! BearsnBugs's Avatar

If we're splitting resins painted/unpainted, should we review whether it would make sense to split OF to two categories - Breyer and Stone/non-Breyer? I would think that would make it easier for the OF collectors, as well?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BearsnBugs View Post
    If we're splitting resins painted/unpainted, should we review whether it would make sense to split OF to two categories - Breyer and Stone/non-Breyer? I would think that would make it easier for the OF collectors, as well?
    That's also a good idea.

So Hartlands, etc. would be grouped with Stone? Would it be too much for 3 OF sales forums ... or is there not enough 'other' traffic to justify a separate sales forum? I haven't really ever looked at that.

I agree with the resin split sales posts but what if somebody has a list and they have a lot of OF horses of all kinds to sell? Then they have to manage two lists and it could get confusing.
    Well, maybe that's just my brain getting old. I am confused easily.

Paid Participant onekindacowboy's Avatar
    A place where people have standards, honestly!

Well people have to split resins and OF anyway?

I think maybe Breyer, Stone and other?

Will they be subforums? So that you can still search them as OF or Resin and the case is first.

Blog Entries

I like the idea of Breyer, stone and other if you're splitting OF up too.

Breyer and stone are going to be the two main ones I'd think..and IMO if you have a whole long lot list of horses to sell of multiple types, splitting them into 2-3 threads shouldn't be all that difficult since you'll most likely have the list organized by type anyway right? If anything i would think it would make life easier to manage and keep track of what sells in each list...and clearer to buyers what sells and what's still available.

ETA: I don't spend much time in the OF area to know for sure so what if you split them into 3 to see. Then if you find that there really isnt enough "other" traffic, perhaps you can then combine the stone with it to do 2 instead of the 3 (Breyer and Stone & Other). I think the only easy way to find out if there's enough traffic is to split them up first to see...unless you mods have an easier way of sifting through all the threads to figure that out?
    Last edited by RobinHoodFan; 05-26-2013 at 11:39 AM.

I don't think I see a whole heck of a lot of posts including 'Other' OF's ... I could be wrong though as I don't generally pay much attention to much of the Other brands anyways.

I suggested other because it seems that the Stone Collectors may have less cross over to other OF than Breyer or Hartland. I am not sure combining Stones with others because of this although they are in shows I guess.

Expounding on that, it is just my observation, but I think that there are more people who ONLY collect Stone than who only collect Breyer or Hartland of GC or clinkies or clankies. The other original finish brands seem to have more crossover.But I may be completely off base about that..

If everyone would use a thread title that is specific do we really need multiple OF sections?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by airen View Post
    If everyone would use a thread title that is specific do we really need multiple OF sections?
    No we wouldnt, but IMO it would be much harder to enforce everyone to be specific in their titles than it would be to just split the forum.

Plus, I think it would be easier if you are a strict breyer or stone collector to just click on the breyer or stone forum and scroll down posts as opposed to weeding through all the different titles mushed together.

But yea, I don't spend much time in OF to know how people post there...My standpoint was mostly regarding the up/p resins.

Blog Entries

One thought re the OF's ... it seems that it's commong for people to sell lists of OF models, whereas more resin sales seem to be for one model. So, it's easier to divide the resin sales into 2 forums than it is the OF sales. Hypothetically, some models might even sell better if the lists separated Breyers & Stones, because some buyers are focused more on one than the other.

But for buyers who want various OF makes from a single seller, it seems it would be easier to have one list and not have to look in 2 forums. Although the posts could be cross-referenced with links. Just occurred to me ... what do you all think?

Quote Originally Posted by Mary View Post
    One thought re the OF's ... it seems that it's commong for people to sell lists of OF models, whereas more resin sales seem to be for one model. So, it's easier to divide the resin sales into 2 forums than it is the OF sales. Hypothetically, some models might even sell better if the lists separated Breyers & Stones, because some buyers are focused more on one than the other.

But for buyers who want various OF makes from a single seller, it seems it would be easier to have one list and not have to look in 2 forums. Although the posts could be cross-referenced with links. Just occurred to me ... what do you all think?
    I agree with leaving OFs like it is. That's how I list and sell. All at once in one post. But I can live with however is most popular. Thanks for asking.

The cats let us live here! BearsnBugs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by airen View Post
    The same could be said of the resin split. It isn't that big a deal to click on a link to find it isn't painted/unpainted, but just a little easier to navigate when you are looking for something specific.

As for lists, people make lists (though possibly shorter) in resin, too. It isn't really that difficult to maintain two lists on the forum than it is when people post individual listings for every horse.

Blog Entries

Thanks for splitting the resins Mary & Mods! I'm already finding it MUCH easier and quicker to navigate now!