Please take the time to read this. Am I out of my mind? Do I red light her and post all this on MHHR? Is she saying her non-payment is my fault? I need some input please. Blabbers please help.

May 6th I get a offer from Amy Jernigan, I sent 4 emails to her to confirm her offer. It’s not until the last email I sent that says in the title “Never mind, I see all the reds about you” and I get this reply.

May 9th.
Hi
I am rebuilding my reputation and have stopped jerking people around. My offer still stands if we can work out some sort of time payments. I'm not worried about his hoof edge rubs. I'll just have Nan Wagner fix him up. I promise that I will not mislead you or lie to you. I have changed!!!
Please let's try to work something out. I'll throw in an additional $50.00 for the ability to use time payments
Please get back to me
Thanks
Amy

May 9th. Thank you for getting back to me. I do take the red light cautions pretty seriously in the hobby. Would you be willing to explain why you left people hanging in the past and how you are working to fix it?
I am concerned as well that you didn't get all of my emails. How will I know if you didn't get them or if I'm being ignored? Were they in your spam?
I'm just trying to be honest with you about my feelings. I am glad you did email me back. I look forward to hearing from you again.
-V

Hi
I appreciate you being honest about your feelings. Now, I'll tell you the truth about how I wound up with such a bad reputation in the hobby. First, I did find your other messages in my spam folder when I looked for them.

I have been diagnosed with obsessive compulsive disorder and would just look through MH$P and contact all the people who had horses that I liked and make them offers without ever thinking of how I was going to pay for all of them. I was "High" with the idea that I was going to get all of these beautiful horses. I kept dragging it out promising to pay each one. When things got tough and people started to get mad I would use my daughter's name and email to make deals. But my daughter truly had nothing to do with it. When all else failed I just avoided their emails. At the time I sort of felt bad for doing it but the "high" was still much stronger.

I finally started to feel bad for doing this to people and my best friend at the time who know what I was doing told me that I needed to take a break from model horses and get some sort of therapy. I took a little over a year off from the hobby and got counseling and medication management for the OCD. I have been in treatment for about a year and four months. The thing that helps most are the meds because we found out that I had a chemical imbalance in my brain. I bought my first model horse in over a year last week and she was apprehensive and hesitated to deal with me but everything worked out fine. I've changed and I'm only going to offer to buy horses that I can afford and on terms that I can handle.

I hope this answers your questions. If you have anymore just let me know. I don't mind at all.

So then we come up with time payments. She doesn’t send the deposit 3 separate times. Each time promising to send it .

She missed the 1st payment. Then she sent this message on May 15th.

I can send it on Friday when I get paid. I don't expect you to "hold" him for me until you get the Paypal deposit on Friday. (Tomorrow). I'll email you right after I send the payment so you can be looking for it.

I wrote her again to see what happened. I got this response on Saturday 17th.

I fell in a hole in the front yard and sprained my ankle. There's been so much rain recently that the lawn is riddled with holes... And I stepped right into one yesterday morning. We spent most of the day waiting and being seen at the ER. I can't get out of bed for three days.

I will get the deposit to you tomorrow or later this evening. Just let me know that you got it when you have the chance. It will be there for sure when you get back on Sunday.

Thanks for understanding!!!!

Talk to you soon!!!

Amy

So nothing in my Paypal on Sunday so I write her again.
Her reply:

We've been having computer troubles due to all the rain. I can't get on many sites and since the computer and TV are connected I can't watch TV either.

I'm sorry for the delay but my word IS good. There is supposed to be a technician coming out tomorrow by 9:00 am and we should have it fixed then.

I promise that I am being honest with you on this. I am so sorry that we're in this position. If you feel like you need to sell it to someone else or relist it , I will be disappointed but I will understand.

I'm glad that you wrote because one of the problems that we're having is, we can answer an email that someone sent but cannot generate a new email.

Let me know what you want to do.

BYW, This is the second time she has mentioned me selling him off to someone else. So I write again this morning.

It sounds fishy.
I had this horse up for offers, you are the highest bidder. I want you to buy him and not have to go through re-listing again. I just need you to maintain your word. All these excuses sound like you are back to your old tricks, just with better communication. If you can email me you should be able to access paypal....or go to the library, or visit a friend, to access. I want this transaction to go smoothly but you have stood me up twice now for the deposit. Please follow through tomorrow. Three strikes your out. One more excuse will cause me to red light you and post all of our email transcripts. I hate that I even have to say that, but sometimes I have to draw a line in the sand. I have been very supportive and forgiving until now.
- V

So I get this in return:

Yes it did. But I've thought about this and talked it over with my daughter and my husband and I'm not so sure that I want to deal with you at all since you threatened me about going public with what you deemed "fishy". I have tried very hard and been through many things to get "better" and I just don't think I want to deal with someone who would threaten me like that over being late with payment for good reason for two days no matter how much I wanted the horse that they had.

So go on and put the word out but you are wrong and I was being sincere and going to follow through with our agreement. I might have negative feedback from you but I'm working with others who have said positive things and are going to say positive things about our transactions.

You can't give up your pride to bullies that threaten your reputation for no reason!!!! Your loss!!!

Amy