Thread: Abbreviations pin

Blab Member Original Poster

Lightbulb Abbreviations pin

I would love to see an abbreviations pin somewhere on the forum every one can get to. I'm a newb (to the hobby) and am constantly seeing terms I don't understand. It'd be nice to have a list to fall back on. I know PIF is Pay It Forward, a special program Blab has; LSQ is Live Show Quality and PSQ is photo show quality... and that's about it!

PIF can also stand for Paid in full in the case of sales items.

Take a number and get in line Stitch's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Very nice idea Bex! We have loads of hobby ABBs as well as some wonderful Blabber user created ones. Maybe like a Blabber knowledge base or Blabber dictionary of sorts.

Now, we would need a place where everyone could see it for both free and paid members to access. Let me link this to Mary and the others mods for input.
    ۝ April Currier ۝

Thanks Stitch.

Blab Member

It would be nice to have a handy dandy reference page for abbreviations. Even as I veteran collector I get confused! Back in the day- RR meant repaint/rehaired not regular run-LOL! And some of the newer lines of Breyer horses that immediately get abbreviated confuse me sometimes-Breeds of the World BOTW.
    Alicia

Isn't there a page around here somewhere with that?? I could have sworn there was one with some basic terms....

Well I found an old link from Mary in an old thread but it no longer works.....there was a page somewhere here on blab..don't know if it still exists though...this is the link if it can somehow help a mod find it: http://www.modelhorseblab.com/forums...splay.php?f=12

I could have sworn it was a sticky or in the FAQ/rules somewhere at one point.

ID Your Breyer site has a nice list of terms and abbreviations...

http://www.identifyyourbreyer.com/glossary.htm
    Hall of Fame Appaloosas in my Pokey's pedigree

"I am not ashamed of the Gospel of (Jesus) Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to everyone who believes." Rom. 1:16

Join me, T.J. HURST, on Facebook and see my work on
    Photobucket

Thank you T-Whinny. Unfortunately, there's still the matter of the Blab specific abbreviations, so the list won't be complete, but very helpful, I'm sure.

Hmm. I actually think ID your better has them pretty well covered that I can think of.Other than ISH, I don't see that on there and I think that's Ideal Stock Horse.

Take a number and get in line Stitch's Avatar
    Blog Entries

There is talks of putting a Blabber one together. Common terms and Blabber made terms so folks can be 'in the know.' I'll be asking for 'term donations' at some point.
    ۝ April Currier ۝

Blog Entries

Yep ... this is a great idea, and we can link it from Quick Links. Stitch said she'd do it. :list

Glad to be of assistance.