Thread: Tack Room Questions

Default Tack Room Questions

Are tack makers allowed to make posts offering their artistic services directly to the tack room or is that considered a panjo type of thing? Also, as far as tack sales go, what is allowed in the tack room? I've never been clear on this, so I'm just curious. In the description it says " Area to discuss making, buying and selling model horse tack", however not a lot of discussion about actual selling ever goes on in there from what I've seen. Does that mean we can share something and say it is for sale, or can we have our own thread to share and sell our work there? I think most of us are under this impression that we are not allowed to speak of sales when sharing a piece, is that right? I haven't yet figured out this Panjo yet. I guess I'm still standing back to see how it develops. What I do know is that I'm currently trying to do my hobby as most of my living and it's a struggle to advertise and get word out, this economy makes it even tougher. I think the more that sales can be seen and talked about the better, and I feel like I speak on behalf of my comrades when I say that, so I have to ask about this.

If I can figure out Panjo, then anyone can. I have not posted any tack for sale in the tack room, only on the sale threads. Maybe you can show your works in progress on the tack room page and then list it for sale when it is ready to go to a new home?
    Collecting Vintage Breyers and their Variations since 1969

I love my POAs Takaupas Top Gold and Nickajack

I'm wondering mostly if it's okay to share something in the tack room and mention that it's for sale in the same sentence. And say "hey if you like this set I made, I'm taking orders PM me" instead of even having to post on Panjo about it at all. It just says discussion of sales in part of the tack room's description so I'm wondering if that means I can mention sales? If it's not preferred then I will be honest in saying I will likely keep the majority of my advertising to MH$P and skip mentioning it on blab. It's just easier to not have to post every mention of a sale to Panjo and be taking care of 2 ads. I can see why you probably wouldn't want to see whole threads dedicated to selling a piece but is mentioning it in a thread of another post bad? Would I be better off advertising tack making services in "Artists Announcements" or is that only for models?

Blog Entries

No, sales are only to be offered in the Sales Forum.

You CAN use the free Artist's Announcements forum to announce you are now offering blah-blah-blah. Just don't abuse it by posting the same info repeatedly, but it is there for artists like yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Mary View Post
    No, sales are only to be offered in the Sales Forum.

You CAN use the free Artist's Announcements forum to announce you are now offering blah-blah-blah. Just don't abuse it by posting the same info repeatedly, but it is there for artists like yourself.

Okay, thanks!