Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Feedback, please, Blab mobile users - new mobile feature testing for Blab

under the oaks Original Poster Mary's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Feedback, please, Blab mobile users - new mobile feature testing for Blab

It's not implemented on the active forum site yet ...

We've been working on this mobile header for Blab, but it's not quite right yet. I am only able to see it on iPhone 6, don't have the other mobile devices or a tablet.

Volunteers to test - please try it out on your mobile device and/or tablet and post here to let us know what you find!
    • What still needs fixing on your view? - Spacing, images, layout ...
    • Did you try the three-line menu link in the upper right?
    • All the links may not yet be working when you try it.

Here's the bitly link to the test (again, this is not the "real" Blab, it's a test version) ...

http://bit.ly/1BaeOeU

• The test forum version has some lavender color to distinguish it from the active live version.
    • The test forum does not have all the content from the live forum.

Thank you so much!

FYI ...
    • Once implemented, on a mobile or tablet this will be the default header view. You'll be able to switch to the regular header if you prefer.
    • Accessing through a computer/laptop will be almost the same header. It should size a bit better to different screens.
    • Only the header/top navigation is mobile-ized. The rest of the forum is in the same format/layout on mobile/tablet.

I have an htc EVO 4g LTE and its fine! (Android).

I just tried it on my iPhone 5s. It didn't really work, layout wise. It loaded to a portion of the screen, and then I had to scroll over (to the right) to view the whole thing. Things are a bit jumbled, and I suck at explaining things so I have included a few screen shots.

I also clicked on the "Announcements" and it came up a bit different, but that might be because it's not live/active Blab?

Blab SS1.jpg
    How it first loaded.

1Blab SS 2.jpg
    After scrolling over to the right.

Blab SS 3.jpg
    It doesn't all fit on my screen, I have to scroll side to side to see it all.

Blab SS 4.jpg
    Things are a little bit jumbled.

Hope this is what you were looking for.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    No longer on Blab. Please check website or Facebook to contact me.
    Wiggle Workz Studio
    Facebook

All of the headers worked fine with my iPad 3. Spacing seems okay. The forum topic headers are closer together than I'm used to, but they're legible. I attempted to log in to see if that would change the look of the forum, but when I entered my username, I could only view half of it in the box. When I went to type my password, the word "Password" remained and I had to delete it to re-enter my password (which I entered incorrectly. Of course... Lol. I'll have to look it up to remind myself what it is). That's all the feedback I can offer for now.

Paid Participant ElreniaGreenleaf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IeshaLover View Post
    I just tried it on my iPhone 5s. It didn't really work, layout wise. It loaded to a portion of the screen, and then I had to scroll over (to the right) to view the whole thing. Things are a bit jumbled, and I suck at explaining things so I have included a few screen shots.

I also clicked on the "Announcements" and it came up a bit different, but that might be because it's not live/active Blab?

Blab SS1.jpg
    How it first loaded.

1Blab SS 2.jpg
    After scrolling over to the right.

Blab SS 3.jpg
    It doesn't all fit on my screen, I have to scroll side to side to see it all.

Blab SS 4.jpg
    Things are a little bit jumbled.

Hope this is what you were looking for.
    Same here. I really dislike mobile versions and this one is no exception so I'll definitely be using the desktop view.
    Christine Sutcliffe (just call me EG. :p)
    The Blog!
    Including tutorials, photography and lots of interesting things.

I usually really like mobile versions of sites, as long as I can do everything I can do normally on my computer. I think this just needs a bit more tweaking, and it will be very useful. It does seem to work on newer version of phones and iPads, but I have an older iPad and a 5s iPhone.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    No longer on Blab. Please check website or Facebook to contact me.
    Wiggle Workz Studio
    Facebook

Blab Member
    Blog Entries

It's a bit squished on my phone too. I have a pay as you go android I think.
    Susan

"Tem-Tem" & "Abbie-kins" Brenda's Avatar

I tested it on my Samsung Galaxy 4 tablet and everything fit the screen nicely. The layout looks good, similar to the full site. I can't remember my password to log in so I don't know if that affected it or if it's not something on the test site but I was unable to access "today's posts" through the Quick Links drop down menu. I use that feature a ton so being able to do that would be a huge deal for me.
    ~~~~~ >^.^< >^.^< ~~~~~

Blog Entries

Yeah I don't think the member data was copied over ... I'll see if we can get that done.

There will be a test on Blab before it's truly implemented.

I'm glad to hear it's partly working! Will pass that along!

I'm having some of the same things on my iPhone. Not fitting.

"Tem-Tem" & "Abbie-kins" Brenda's Avatar

Cool. I look forward to seeing it in full use. I generally don't like mobile versions of websites, but it looks like the Blab one is very similar to the full one and that's a plus.
    ~~~~~ >^.^< >^.^< ~~~~~

I tried it on my iPhone 5s also, it looks the same as posted above. I'll add that when I turned the phone to view in landscape mode it looked a lot better and less squashed, although the "Remember Me?" button and text are still obscuring the MHB logo on the top left.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by beecee View Post
    Cool. I look forward to seeing it in full use. I generally don't like mobile versions of websites, but it looks like the Blab one is very similar to the full one and that's a plus.
    I have especially not liked "fully mobile" versions of forum sites. IMO forums are usually better left as is ... other than that, with larger forum layouts, the navigation can be a trial that way.

There is a "fully mobile" version of the Blab software, but I've looked at it thoroughly and it's terrible for Blab purposes. Won't be using it.

At this time, for current devices, ONLY the header & navigation will be "mobile-ized". Just to make the spacing/formatting/navigation easier. And people will be able to switch it off and go with the regular Blab header, if they prefer.

Generally speaking, larger devices from the tablet down to the new iPhone 6 don't really need much help with many forums.

The Blab test version links aren't working yet, concentrating on the layout first, and it's tough when I don't own all of the most common devices. Definitely appreciate the feedback, and I'll update again when we have a new test version, hopefully in a couple of days. Would like to have this project completed.

Blog Entries

I HATE the mobile version of any website. Ebay drives me crazy by trying to switch to it even after I have hit the Classic Site link. PLEASE do not make this the only option for a mobile user because I for one will not use it.

Yes, I did look at it, but I'm not testing any links...it drove my eyes nuts. Regular Blab works just fine on my phone.
    ACTIVELY SEEKING: Basecoat chalky Adios and Pokerjoe/Like A Diamond glossy prize models. Also seeking Witez II on Presentation base and Batal and Amira Proud Arabians!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Truson View Post
    I HATE the mobile version of any website. Ebay drives me crazy by trying to switch to it even after I have hit the Classic Site link. PLEASE do not make this the only option for a mobile user because I for one will not use it.

Yes, I did look at it, but I'm not testing any links...it drove my eyes nuts. Regular Blab works just fine on my phone.
    Yes, that's why it WILL be optional. Most forums are working well as is on other devices. Interestingly, while the earlier mobile phones needed sites that worked in smaller spaces, now they are moving even faster to sizes & formats that make those adjustments unnecessary for a lot of people. All we are looking to do for Blab is make the header navigation easier, as those links can be microscopic on a device.

Blab will not go to the "full" mobile format (an app) that is available from the company that provides this software, as it is available now (and maybe not ever). Anyone can search for the vBulletin forum app to see an example. And, share your opinion. My opinion: Truly Awful!

I checked on my phone - Samsung Galaxy Note3 - and it works fine. It does look better in landscape mode, but then, I use that mode for most surfing I do on my phone -- and if I have Blab on the phone. (It probably helps that I have one of the larger phones.)
    Sandy Anderson

Nova South Studios

Addicted to Rose minis timberwolf's Avatar

I tried it on my Sony Z1 Compact with the same results as pictured above. I tried it using Opera Mini, Opera Mobile and Google browsers just to see - all the same.
    ALL photos in sig and avatar taken by me, Sharon Wishart.

Blog Entries

Landscape view on my Kindle looks fine but turn it and although it all fits, it is super tiny and needs to be enlarged to read. Maybe that is normal for mobile. Landscape looks good though.

~Christine

Blog Entries

Default Problem...

Okay, I'm on my phone and the forum is all smashed together...can't pinch it in or out on the screen...it wasn't like this earlier. What is going on?
    ACTIVELY SEEKING: Basecoat chalky Adios and Pokerjoe/Like A Diamond glossy prize models. Also seeking Witez II on Presentation base and Batal and Amira Proud Arabians!

Paid Participant onekindacowboy's Avatar
    A place where people have standards, honestly!

I was switched to mobile view automatically. I hope I won't have to always change back when I open blab on my phone.

Paid Participant onekindacowboy's Avatar
    A place where people have standards, honestly!

Go to the bottom and choose blab blue instead of mobile.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast