Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Feedback, please, Blab mobile users - new mobile feature testing for Blab

Blog Entries

Thanks!!! I have no idea how that happened!
    ACTIVELY SEEKING: Basecoat chalky Adios and Pokerjoe/Like A Diamond glossy prize models. Also seeking Witez II on Presentation base and Batal and Amira Proud Arabians!

Paid Participant onekindacowboy's Avatar
    A place where people have standards, honestly!

Mine did the same thing about the same time last night. Apparently we are supposed to be using the mobile view. Another case of "technology knows best" I suppose LOL

under the oaks Original Poster Mary's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by onekindacowboy View Post
    Mine did the same thing about the same time last night. Apparently we are supposed to be using the mobile view. Another case of "technology knows best" I suppose LOL
    Actually no, that wasn't the intent ... just logged on today to find this out.

I'll deactivate! (It's supposed to be an opt-in and I haven't even given the mobile link yet ... )

Blog Entries

I'm merging this thread with the mobile test thread ...

If someone has time to check ...

is this (test version) (no log in option)
    http://bit.ly/167Q3Y7

working the same as this? (mobile header attached to live Blab)
    http://bit.ly/1yh6EAw

Live Blab just above - are you able to log in? Are the links in the 3-line menu working?
    FYI, there is no middle section - it shows the logo on the left and the banners on the right.

On the live site, you can reset back to "regular" Blab header either by scrolling to the bottom and selecting Blab Blue from the dropdown, or with this link.
    http://bit.ly/16dxHG9

Blog Entries

I was switched to mobile view automatically. I hope I won't have to always change back when I open blab on my phone.
    Not sure why it is doing this as the coding is done to make them separate. You should be able to bookmark the link as either the "regular" header or the mobile header, and it should always open as that.

I've deactivated the mobile on Real Blab. The coding is still there, but it's not "selectable" by members. Is it still defaulting to mobile header on your mobile phone? If so, I'll remove the mobile code until we get the details sorted out.

I have been logged in on my phone all day and it has not reverted back to the mobile view. I am using Dolphin on an android. I often use chrome as well. I will log out and see what it does when I log in anew on both browsers.

And last night I was on it off and on again and it did not revert. I was signed it but I was closing the browsers.

Blog Entries

I've stayed logged in. I don't use the mobile version of any site.
    ACTIVELY SEEKING: Basecoat chalky Adios and Pokerjoe/Like A Diamond glossy prize models. Also seeking Witez II on Presentation base and Batal and Amira Proud Arabians!

Just logged out on chrome on android. Typed in address and relogged in. Stayed non mobile the entire time.

I selected the test version from the drop down. It is working well on my phone but I like to search by unread posts so I stick to the full site.

Quote Originally Posted by Mary View Post
    Actually no, that wasn't the intent ... just logged on today to find this out.

I'll deactivate! (It's supposed to be an opt-in and I haven't even given the mobile link yet ... )
    I just meant that often sites choose for you initially.

Blog Entries

I just meant that often sites choose for you initially.
    Yes, they do.

I think with Blab the much better option is to offer links, not to default. Allow members to bookmark the version they want to use on mobile/tablet.

The thing with having one header version with a default that comes up based on the device is that, even with a link to switch the view, some devices don't adjust to show you your choice each time you go to the site. That is, the cookie (really the url bookmark) isn't specific to what you selected, so the default comes up every time and the user has to switch.

That is NOT the way to go with Blab. Some people won't care to use the mobile version, ever. Especially as phones become larger. Other people will appreciate the mobile-version navigation, once all the fine-tuning is done.

So, what we will end up with are different url's for the mobile header vs regular header. Whatever you bookmark on your device is what you'll get, with the option to switch.

And btw it is sometimes hard for me to test once Blab has recognized my device/laptop as having an admin login. Even when I switch to my test id's, the system sees that flag. That shouldn't be a problem on mobile BUT I only have one mobile device, so I can't test the others.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12