Thread: Bought from a new seller...payment pending at ebay...

Blab Member Original Poster unicornwoman's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Bought from a new seller...payment pending at ebay...

So, yes, I did something that was a pretty big gamble. I purchased from a brand new seller with 0 feedback. My mistake. I realized after I'd bid...

Since they are a new seller, they don't have a paypal account set up. So, while the charge goes through on my credit card and is already due, eBay thinks that the payment is still pending.

The sale was almost 2 weeks ago and I paid within 24 hours. The seller went AWOL for about 5 days. No messages, nothing. Finally, I get a message that the seller was out-of-town and will ship.

I figure they going to do something to "accept" their payment. I expect them to mark the item sent. Nope.

Today, I receive the item. It is still marked as "payment pending" at eBay. And, yesterday, eBay sent me a reminder about paying, even though I have paid.

The seller claims Paypal is giving them trouble claiming the money and that they will have to call paypal. It is still out-standing, so despite my requests to clear this up, they haven't.

It's a new seller and I shouldn't have bid on an auction from someone without experience. But, it looks like eBay is about to ding me as non-paying? Do I need to just open a case against the seller? I really hate to when I have the item I purchased just fine.
    Melody D. Snow -- The Unicorn Woman -- Established 1980
    http://www.unicornwoman.com
    Miniature Tackmaker, Leathercraft Artist, & Freelance Writer
    Author of Unicorn Woman Tack Kits & Tack Instructional Materials
    Also Tack Supplies & Kangaroo Leather
    Sign-up for Newslist at http://eepurl.com/vxH9P
    On Facebook: The Unicorn Woman

Take a number and get in line Stitch's Avatar
    Blog Entries

either they need to confirm their paypal account or have entered the wrong or misspelled paypal address. There is nothing you need to do right now. You have the model. Ebay will not ding you unless the seller somehow opens a non paying bidder dispute against you. I would not open any case, as there is nothing wrong on your end currently. They (seller) needs to figure out what they need to do and should call paypal to help them in the process.

A non paying bidder strike really isn't anything. It's like a tap on your pinky finger with a cotton ball.
    ۝ April Currier ۝

Blog Entries

It actually was a Christmas present, not model horse.

Quote Originally Posted by Stitch View Post

A non paying bidder strike really isn't anything. It's like a tap on your pinky finger with a cotton ball.
    Speaking from an eBay seller: DON'T I KNOW IT!!!!!!

You have proof on your credit card statement. I would call eBay, and talk it over with them. They should be able to resolve it, or at least figure out what's going on.

Check out the BuckR. Etching Gallery! http://buckrgallery.weebly.com/

Looking for a glossy Irish Diamond, glossy Gypsy Vanner, Silver Snow, and Glossy Alborozo. Please PM me if you are looking to sell!

Take a number and get in line Stitch's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Moved to OT since this isn't a model horse related transaction.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckR. View Post
    Speaking from an eBay seller: DON'T I KNOW IT!!!!!!

You have proof on your credit card statement. I would call eBay, and talk it over with them. They should be able to resolve it, or at least figure out what's going on.
    I don't even know what the point of a NPB strike even is. I've never seen it do anything to anyone and I've been on ebay since 98.
    ۝ April Currier ۝

Moved to OT since this isn't a model horse related transaction.

I don't even know what the point of a NPB strike even is. I've never seen it do anything to anyone and I've been on ebay since 98.
    Yep. 3 strikes = brand new eBay account.

Check out the BuckR. Etching Gallery! http://buckrgallery.weebly.com/

Looking for a glossy Irish Diamond, glossy Gypsy Vanner, Silver Snow, and Glossy Alborozo. Please PM me if you are looking to sell!

Blog Entries

Moved to OT since this isn't a model horse related transaction..
    I started this thread in the Lookers Forum because it is a policy thing about the auctions. Even though it isn't a model seller, it is a situation anyone using the auctions could face. It feels terribly orphaned in General Off-Topic...

Blog Entries

How about this ... I moved it to "TTB Knowledge Base". It is something useful for buyers and sellers to know.

The travelling thread ...

I don't think you will get any dings unless the seller opens up a dispute and it closes....and even then, you have the proof you sent it provided you sent it through the eBay pay now button. They probably did not claim it on their end because they need to confirm their account or whatever. I don't know why eBay even allowed a seller to open up an account without a valid paypal account since it's required these days?!?!?

But anyway, it's nothing to do with you at all right now and I'd just let it be and not worry about it. Heck, they probably didn't even get the money for it yet and still shipped it--it's their problem and it's really up to them to figure out their accounts. Nothing wrong with yours. I wouldn't worry about what the ebay system says unless there's an actual dispute. When sellers cancel orders on you, it shows up as unpaid....which is annoying but it doesn't mean anything ...at least not that I've experienced as of yet.

Could it be because EBay and Paypal are now separate companies that EBay will no longer be requiring a seller to have a PayPal account to sell?

Quote Originally Posted by Princesstriage View Post
    Could it be because EBay and Paypal are now separate companies that EBay will no longer be requiring a seller to have a PayPal account to sell?
    Hmmmmmmm......interesting point! Gunna have to check those terms again...although I really hope not! I hated when you used to have to check and make sure the seller took paypal before you bid.

Out of curiosity, were these ever resolved? I have a payment in the same sort of limbo. Paypal says the seller hasn't accepted it. Ebay just says "processing". Seller said when I inquired the first time that they thought they accepted it. It's not a new account, but it does have low feedback, all buying. Now seller has vanished, or at least hasn't replied to my last attempt to contact a week ago.

Crystal
    TINNGG - 24% lead-bottomed Crystal

You USED to be able to get a contact phone number (through eBay) for a seller.
    Have you spoken to an eBay rep to get one so you can talk directly to the seller and get this resolved??

Ya know, this is something new for me.
    I've NEVER acknowledged or accepted any of my Paypal payments (Paypal is my only payment handler when eBay selling).
    I set my Paypal account up over a dozen + years ago so maybe I just had it set to automatically accept payments, I really don't remember, but I don't do it for each and every payment I get when eBay selling.

As a matter of fact, in all the years I've purchased model horses from sellers, even off MH$P and elsewhere, I've never had a notification from PayPal that a seller "accepted my PayPal payment" until the one I purchased last month and it really kinda threw me. I mean, over the years I've purchased from overseas, like from sellers in Great Britain and never had that happen but this time it was from a seller in the USA and I got a notification that the payment was "accepted" by the seller.
    I don't know what the difference was this time??? I guess there's a first time for everything...

Good Luck getting your situations straightened out.

Ramie Custom Avatar..........Stitch Custom Avatar

Sharkhole Stallion approved! SylvanTrails's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eviejean View Post
    As a matter of fact, in all the years I've purchased model horses from sellers, even off MH$P and elsewhere, I've never had a notification from PayPal that a seller "accepted my PayPal payment" until the one I purchased last month and it really kinda threw me. I mean, over the years I've purchased from overseas, like from sellers in Great Britain and never had that happen but this time it was from a seller in the USA and I got a notification that the payment was "accepted" by the seller.
    I don't know what the difference was this time??? I guess there's a first time for everything...

Good Luck getting your situations straightened out.
    All I can think of is...maybe it was a new email address. My PayPal is set up "the-skees@...." I think that if I got payment going to, well, actually, probably, if it was going to "teacher@....", which is a valid email address, but NOT one set up to accept PayPal, it would ask to accept it. I've had enough payments going to "skees@...." that I've added it as a PayPal email address.
    Shannon Tostanoski My horses for sale!

Paypal actually cancelled it after a month. The seller apparently had one other item up at around the same time and same thing with the other buyer. They left a negative. Paypal indicates the seller didn't follow through with registration. They did give me the email addy but you know, if they wouldn't get back with me through ebay, what are the chances of them getting back with me via email?
    TINNGG - 24% lead-bottomed Crystal