Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: eChecks: Info & Tips for eBay and Paypal

under the oaks Original Poster Mary's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Hard to believe it was only 2 years ago ... so I got a call and realized I had to get myself from DFW to Colorado for an indefinite stay - 3 days? 15 days? didn't know how long.

Normally I'd make such a trip by air (love frequent flyer miles ) but with the indefinite timeframe and needing a car throughout the stay, plus arranging care for the dog, I realized it made more sense to drive. And bring the dog.

So off me & the dog go, the 'back way' on lonely highways ... and before reaching the destination, I'm having problems buying gas & victuals with the carefully-budgeted credit card! I ended up parked in some remote gas station in New Mexico or someplace for about an hour talking on the cell phone to the cc company (love cell phones ) so I could complete the trip.

Buying big whacks of gas frequently and a long way from home triggered those protections! I actually had to convince the company IT'S JUST ME AND RANGER out here trying to get from here to yon - no scammers/fraudsters! Didn't know I had to tell Visa I'm going on a trip.

I don't travel nearly as often as I used to so I'm sure that is why.

Quote Originally Posted by Mary View Post
    Hard to believe it was only 2 years ago ... so I got a call and realized I had to get myself from DFW to Colorado for an indefinite stay - 3 days? 15 days? didn't know how long.

Normally I'd make such a trip by air (love frequent flyer miles ) but with the indefinite timeframe and needing a car throughout the stay, plus arranging care for the dog, I realized it made more sense to drive. And bring the dog.

So off me & the dog go, the 'back way' on lonely highways ... and before reaching the destination, I'm having problems buying gas & victuals with the carefully-budgeted credit card! I ended up parked in some remote gas station in New Mexico or someplace for about an hour talking on the cell phone to the cc company (love cell phones ) so I could complete the trip.

Buying big whacks of gas frequently and a long way from home triggered those protections! I actually had to convince the company IT'S JUST ME AND RANGER out here trying to get from here to yon - no scammers/fraudsters! Didn't know I had to tell Visa I'm going on a trip.

I don't travel nearly as often as I used to so I'm sure that is why.
    (bolded by me)

Yep, Same thing when I go across the border into Canada! I have to tell the cc people when I am going and when I plan on returning, if not and if I decide to charge something they might just decide it's someone stealing my charge card and deny the charge.

Ramie Custom Avatar..........Stitch Custom Avatar

I wish Paypal would notify the BUYER if an transaction is flagged as an e-check. My last e-check was for a $6.50 item.... I've never had a big purchase flagged, which seems odd....
    Handmade Soaps, Lotions, and other Goodies - Silver Maple Soap Co.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12