Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Oh dear ... chicken smoothie images in sigs

under the oaks Original Poster Mary's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Oh dear ... chicken smoothie images in sigs

Anything that is popular with Blabbers is something we try to accommodate ... but our signatures have a teensy - well, a large - problem. Chicken smoothie characters, for the most part, make signatures far over the allowed signature height.

• If there is only one signature line - that is, any text is on the same line as the chicken smoothie character - it's a bit over, but we allow a little fudging.

• But if even one small line of text is on a different line it is just too far over the allowed height.

• If you can download the characters, reduce size and use them as your sig image from your own computer, they should work just fine.

• But as linked from the original ... well, those aren't working so well because they are just too large. Unless everything is on one line.

I hope that makes sense !!! Oversized characters have to be cleared from the signatures, I am so sorry but that's how the height standard is maintained.

Blog Entries

thank you for explaining.
    Ashley P.

Winter is Coming! Beethovens7th's Avatar

What's a chicken smoothy siggy look like?

Quote Originally Posted by Beethovens7th View Post
    What's a chicken smoothy siggy look like?
    Like what I have below Speaking of which, I hope the Pegasi's wings are within the normal Sprite size...

Winter is Coming! Beethovens7th's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfang07 View Post
    Like what I have below Speaking of which, I hope the Pegasi's wings are within the normal Sprite size...
    Oh i sees.

... No problem
    (the dots are my confusion as to why my iPad capitalized sprite... Is my device telling me something....)

I figured my dragon horse is far too big- I'll have to edit him somehow for Halloween...

Here's a quote from one of Ms. Mary's threads that shows a visual of how big a signature can be. http://www.modelhorseblab.com/forums...ZE-HELP-THREAD
    Quote Originally Posted by Mary View Post
    =============================================

For quick sig height check help ...
    scroll down to Post #6

=============================================

Blab's signature size limit of
    200 pixels high
    and 600 pixels wide
    reduces the vertical scroll required to read thread pages, and keeps Blab tidier overall. All members, free and paid, are allowed to have signatures.

If you barely know a pixel from a pony, please keep reading for help on fitting your signature content to Blab's limitations.

To create/restore a signature
    Click "My Panel" from the blue bar at the top of the forum.
    Select "Edit Signature" from the left side (scroll down)
    Use the edit box, and the preview button below it

All members are asked to compare the space
    their signature is taking with the block below.
    NOTE: Use one of your longer posts to compare.
    A short post will stretch the sig height ... the post matches the height of the left name box.

• Blab's new automated filter doesn't affect total sig size, but only restricts total lines and uploads of individual photos.
    • Blab can't limit or resize the signature box itself (with all contents.)
    • The member is responsible for visually comparing and editing their signature to fit these dimensions.
    • Blab can't stop you from uploading more photos than you should, or making font sizes overflow the allowed space. Members must compare and limit their sig size.

Going forward ... oversized sigs ...
    • the 1st catch - sig may be deleted without advance warning
    • the 2nd catch - sig privileges will be removed

Hey that sounds tough and mean!! But too much mod time ends up being spent on sigs since unfortunately many people repeat the offense over and over.

Thanks to all members for understanding,
    and for helping us keep this universal Blab benefit sound!
    So in other words, a pet with a background, a draft, a Pegasus, a unicorn, and I think all adult versions of the dragons are too big to use as a signature pet. Normal line art dogs, cats, lions, ponies, chameleons, chickens, deer without antlers, and all small pets like bunnies, hamsters, and PPS (Peter Pan Syndrome babies) should be fine.

Examples: too tall
    The background and the antlers are both too high.

Examples: just (barely) right

the fennec line art and the regular horse are both the exact height of the signature limit, so any text posted above or below them would exceed the limit. However text posted beside them should be fine.

if the pet you want to use is less than the height of your first thumb joint, it is probably okay. If it is taller than the fox or horse, it's too tall. (I've gotten a warning about signature height before so I've been down this creek. I wasn't sure if a dog would be too tall or not, so my siggy is a wee little hamster hiding behind toy horses. This post is helping me visualize the size better. ) I'll link this post to the CS thread too, so if anyone hasn't seen it yet, they'll get a heads up.

Ah crud... Wait which Pegasus? (On my iPad so it's kind of hard to determine)

Yes, your Pegasus horse is over sized. I got out a ruler to double check. A regular horse without wings is within the size limit though.

Crud,... He fits so well for Valentine's Day
    Mods, any objections? I know I got a warning about last month (had too much text)....

Blog Entries

Lupineleigh, those are great examples! Thank you for explaining so well!

Silverfang07, yours is definitely oversized, but you are doing well to put your text on the same line. I hate to keep picking on those who at least display the pet without more lines.

Any chance the chicken smoothie managers would make a smaller pet for y'all?

Quote Originally Posted by Mary View Post
    Lupineleigh, those are great examples! Thank you for explaining so well!

Silverfang07, yours is definitely oversized, but you are doing well to put your text on the same line. I hate to keep picking on those who at least display the pet without more lines.

Any chance the chicken smoothie managers would make a smaller pet for y'all?
    Indeed, very helpful! I'll try my best in the future to pick smaller pet images (really this was just for Valentine's Day-hoping this week they release a smaller horse! )

Hmm, I suppose somehow we could contact the CS people... Not sure how or who though

The best you can do is make a suggestion for multiple pet sizes in the CS Help, Suggestions and Problems forum board, but I'm pretty sure it's been suggested before and turned down. Honestly most of the pets are reasonably sized for what CS is formatted for, just apparently not forum signatures for forums that have a height limit

I'm part of CS staff (albeit not an admin by any means, haha) and could try to have a word with the owner about it but I doubt it would become a thing. It really isn't a problem on CS's forums itself so not a concern of CS. The best we can do here is try to choose the smaller types of pets on CS for our signatures that Lupineleigh posted, or shrink the images of our pets down ourselves and upload them then hyperlink them to the actual pet's page. Unfortunately that would mean if you dress them up and change the dress up, the image would not update until you saved and edited it yourself again. This isn't against CS's rules- by the way- changing the pets image size. As long as you don't remove the watermark or edit pets (like make fake items on them or make your own version of pets over the same outline), you should be fine. You can shrink them, flip them, or whatever, if you'd like.

Blog Entries

Some tips for chicken smoothie pets that are more sig-friendly would be awesome. I don't chicken smoothie myself, so we depend on those who do to offer those.

I hate to micro-manage something people enjoy - such as "no wings" - so another alternative might be to have a thread for Show Us Your CS Pets ... ? What do you think?

Blog Entries

Would this horse be too tall?

Ashley P.

Blog Entries

Majorly too tall.

(As is the image in your sig currently. )

At the top right of the forum page, compare a section of your thumb (or other finger) with the two banner ads, top to bottom. Just the ads. Be careful about using a fingernail that may change lengthy, just go with the bit of finger. That will give you a "rule of thumb".

For me, my first finger, folded in, from the first to the second joint is the right height. As an example.

Do you have the image editing program Paint installed on your computer? You can google it and download it for free. Then, if you download the chicken smoothie image to your computer, you can open it in Paint and use the image resize function to shrink it to exactly 200 px vertical. Easy. Other photo editors will allow you to do the same thing, and you probably have some installed.

At this moment, in the posts above this one in this thread, Silverfang07 and Lupineleigh both have nice re-sized images in their sigs, as examples.

I'm kind of confused. On this page of posts alone there is definitely a signature taller than the pet in Breyerfan21's signature and yet I know it's been that way for a long time. There are other signatures with images not inline with text that are taller, too, that I've seen all over the forums but have been like that for a while. Is this rule only for chickensmoothie pets?

Quote Originally Posted by isalrae View Post
    I'm kind of confused. On this page of posts alone there is definitely a signature taller than the pet in Breyerfan21's signature and yet I know it's been that way for a long time. There are other signatures with images not inline with text that are taller, too, that I've seen all over the forums but have been like that for a while. Is this rule only for chickensmoothie pets?
    I too am confused... I had the galloping horse above with no ears or wings and it was removed yet earlier in the thread it was deemed okay?

The only problem with resizing them, is I like to know who is part of CS, and if they use the regular pet, I can click on their pet, and find out their username so easily. With a resave image, that option is gone
    Gemini AKA Whinnie AKA USA bound!

Blog Entries

I thought the ponies were under the size limit..... oh well... I picked a hamster
    Ashley P.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast