View Poll Results: Vote for all that you agree with! (see post 1 for details) - submit ONCE

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • I prefer the one-run order, with more options (see post 1)

28 60.87%
  • I prefer the online order, with fewer options (see post 1)

3 6.52%
  • I want the option for names on the sleeve

16 34.78%
  • I want the option for names, doesn't have to be on the sleeve

20 43.48%
  • A design only on the front is ok with me

26 56.52%
  • But I prefer a design on the front AND back

19 41.30%
  • I am ok with a design only on the back

9 19.57%
  • My hair covers up anything on the back

14 30.43%
  • On the front, I want a full-size design ... OR ...

13 28.26%
  • ... on the front, I only want a small design on the pocket area

8 17.39%
  • I want Qwerty!

23 50.00%
  • I do NOT want Qwerty!

6 13.04%
  • I want "Do You Blab?"

12 26.09%
  • I do NOT want "Do You Blab?"

12 26.09%
  • I want an all-new design

9 19.57%
  • I have an idea for an all-new design

0 0%
  • The Blab logo, in white on any shirt color, is good for a design (forum top left)

8 17.39%
  • I am posting lots of opinions and ideas in the thread!

5 10.87%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Question: Blab t-shirts! 2016 version ...

under the oaks Original Poster Mary's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Question: Blab t-shirts! 2016 version ...

It's serious this time ...

We need to make some t-shirt decisions fast to fit in the turnaround time, well before Breyerfest!

From the last t-shirt run ... just to get an idea ... we will update the design for this year!

old-design sleeve = Real Name over Blab Username
    old-design front = pocket-area design
    old-design back = Qwerty, the horse made out of punctuation symbols

A closer look at Qwerty.

Designed by Ramie
    (for the record, the original idea was mine! )

And here are a few 'real' old-design shirts in just a few of the various colors - the short sleeve is folded over to show the name

We will figure out an updated design !!!

But FIRST ... some business to conduct ...

Important Consideration 1)
    Blabbers want individual selections of color and style
    (such as fitted (yes will be available) vs loose; v-neck or crew neck; etc.).

Important Consideration 2)
    Blabbers want some customization choices.
    Last time there was an option to have your Real Name and your Blab Username on the sleeve. Some wanted both; some wanted one; some opted not to have their name. We would like to have those choices for each person.

Important Consideration 3)
    Price & Return
    - with and without name customization, targeting <$29 per shirt. People would like to be able to return something that won't work.

So, with the above in mind ...

OPTION A - online company ($$)
    I've done some hasty research on the possibilities of offering Blab t-shirts through an online ordering company that would actually handle the product for us. Nice selection, some individual customization options. Blab might make this available going forward (such as Zazzle and/or Cafepress, which includes a 30 day return). BUT - for our immediate purpose,
    • returns are offered,
    • can't put anything on the sleeve,
    • design on one side only (either front or back),
    • no customization (name/username) with Cafepress, limited with Zazzle,
    • price is a concern - even a basic shirt with the design and no customization will be $30 or more, BEFORE tax/shipping.

OPTION B - one-run order
    If I coordinate a one-run order as I've done before,
    • the price may be $5 or more lower than online,
    • but there are very limited options to return the shirt (assume you can't with customization),
    • can do front & back design,
    • we can put custom names on the sleeve.

For $5 less we get more ... but with a limited time for ordering.

Would you pick online ordering, or one-run ordering?
    (See the poll above!)
    (Minimum 24 shirts ordered with one-run ordering.)

Either way, we'll be ordering VERY SOON to get shirts out to everyone by the end of June!

If one-run ordering is the popular choice now, within a few months Blab will make the standing online ordering available through Cafepress and/or Zazzle. Not right away because frankly we will need all the orders we can get for the one-run option.

Bring on the commentary !!!

I love the customization idea!! But will the limited time frame be an issue for some members?
    Pennsylvania Dust
    Blab Summer Show 2017
    ​​

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PennsylvaniaDust View Post
    I love the customization idea!! But will the limited time frame be an issue for some members?
    The only customization is name or no name.

If we get orders in by the end of May, we should be ok. I hope to get enough feedback to make these decisions and get things rolling by the middle of next week.

I'd rather get another Blab pony run
    Dawn D. in NJ aka NJHeart2Heart
    <--
    "Iris Krazy Kitten Kat"

Clover Lake Acres on Flickr
    Traditional Size Breyers, Stones and animals of various brands.

But we could do Real name/Username? Possibly? That is pretty cool. Or maybe even what we like to collect like "Stone Arabians" or "Plastic Thoroughbreds" or "China H-R"...just throwing some ideas out there! But we couldn't use the company names because of copyright probably.

Quote Originally Posted by Mary View Post

If we get orders in by the end of May, we should be ok. I hope to get enough feedback to make these decisions and get things rolling by the middle of next week.
    Pennsylvania Dust
    Blab Summer Show 2017
    ​​

Whatever option would allow me to get a v-neck with lots of size options, that's what I pick (the online one, if I'm reading right). I hate the tight necks on regular tee shirts, and I probably need an XXXL :P.

I missed out last time these were available, so nice to see them being done again.
    Ashley Evans

Art, Customs, Collection Photos: Website Facebook
    Sales: eBay Mh$P

**avatar photos by Amarna Productions/Elizabeth Bouras**

Quote Originally Posted by Mary View Post

Blab name? Or real name? Definitely want one! I favor blue!

"Tem-Tem" & "Abbie-kins" Brenda's Avatar

I don't care one way or other about the customization, but the variety of colors and sizes are very important, more so the sizes (and no pink lol)

Plastic Pony Lover! VWK'sanEasyGoer's Avatar

I like blue and I like the design the way it is. Names are OK too. I'd actually prefer just the Blab name a it's kind of weird to me to have a shirt with my name on it. That said though I wouldn't stop me from getting one. At least if I take my shirt off and someone takes it I can prove it's mine (ha ha ha)

Choose a job you love and you will never work a day in your life-
    Confucious
    Victoria Krentz

I love this idea! I don't think I would want my real name on the shirt, and my blab name is mine and my son's name combined so maybe not that either because he would be all grouchy about it...lol. I love the pink! I would want a V neck as well, I like them a lot better than regular neck shirts..
    In the crazy house surrounded by thousands of eyes..

Upstairs, downstairs, and hiding in the studio

Quote Originally Posted by dashesndots View Post
    Whatever option would allow me to get a v-neck with lots of size options, that's what I pick (the online one, if I'm reading right). I hate the tight necks on regular tee shirts, and I probably need an XXXL :P.

I missed out last time these were available, so nice to see them being done again.
    I'm with Ashley on the v-neck option for the same reason, although I need a couple less xxes.

Also, I like blue and would prefer just my Blab name. I've made my own iron-on transfer shirt using my avatar art and my Blab name.

I'm glad there will be a design update, I didn't order the last time because I didn't care for the QWERTY horse design.
    Don't get me wrong: I LOVE my Conga Design Blab shirt with the small Blab logo on the front and the Conga Design on the back!!!

I didn't have my name printed on it back then and being able to print my name or not would NOT stop me from purchasing this time.

Also my shirt is older and just says Model Horse Blab.com on the pocket area (which I LIKE) NOT Do you Blab? (Don't like)

Ramie Custom Avatar..........Stitch Custom Avatar

Blog Entries

So a lot of people want the V-neck!

And so far the one-run order is way in the lead!!

But ... not all that many votes so far. Blab has far more members online Monday-Tuesday-Wednesday, so we will see what is trending in a few days ...

Our one-run order guy is super. He goes above & beyond, and he was ok with some 'special' t-shirts in the mix, last time. If one-run is the winner, will do all I can to accommodate people on design as well as size, etc. One good thing about Cafepress and Zazzle is that they do have a selection of various t-shirt designs.

Quote Originally Posted by emt8134 View Post
    Blab name? Or real name? Definitely want one! I favor blue!
    Last time, most people did both. But you can do either! Or none!

If people wear them to Breyerfest and other people notice the name on the sleeve "oh there's Blabber NPOD-Diva ... what's her first name again?" before saying 'hi' ... well, something to think about. But it is up to the individual.

That is kind of a cool idea to put things such as OF China on the sleeve ... will ask about that.

I personally wouldn't want my real name on a shirt, but I think the option is nice for people going to shows and Breyerfest. I like the idea of having my username though. I think Qwerty is cute! Dark colors are a must for me, wearing bright colors makes me feel weird.

I voted for one off, but I'll put in a good word for cafepress, I think they do a really nice job. I'm actually wearing one of their tees right now.

Oh, and (sorry if I missed this) are the tees cotton? I would wear a blend, but I'd prefer 100% cotton.

Quote Originally Posted by Drenarrow View Post
    I personally wouldn't want my real name on a shirt, but I think the option is nice for people going to shows and Breyerfest. I like the idea of having my username though. I think Qwerty is cute! Dark colors are a must for me, wearing bright colors makes me feel weird.

I voted for one off, but I'll put in a good word for cafepress, I think they do a really nice job. I'm actually wearing one of their tees right now.

Oh, and (sorry if I missed this) are the tees cotton? I would wear a blend, but I'd prefer 100% cotton.
    The year I purchased (which was, I think two runs ago) was 100% cotton Gildan brand.
    A REALLY nice Ultra Cotton t-shirt. And personally?... I LIKE Gildan brand.

Also, I agree with you about cafepress.
    I have a Firefly "Browncoat" t-shirt that I got as a Christmas gift and I'm pretty sure it came from cafepress.
    It's a REALLY nice quality t-shirt, too!

Ramie Custom Avatar..........Stitch Custom Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eviejean View Post
    The year I purchased (which was, I think two runs ago) was 100% cotton Gildan brand.
    A REALLY nice Ultra Cotton t-shirt. And personally?... I LIKE Gildan brand.

Also, I agree with you about cafepress.
    I have a Firefly "Browncoat" t-shirt that I got as a Christmas gift and I'm pretty sure it came from cafepress.
    It's a REALLY nice quality t-shirt, too!
    Thanks for the info! My tee from Cafepress is Gildan. I have a few graphic t-shirts from Cafepress that have all held up well (after years of use).

Blab Member

Oh, I would love a Blab shirt! ...Even though I don't really attend model shows right now :x

That said, I'm flexible. Provided there is a fitted/babydoll option, I'm not picky about design, color, or price. It's just a neat thing to have!

I like my tee's Really loose/roomy, with a V-neck, color choices are cool, as Blab members are a varied bunch. Names, I like the idea of Blab name, real name. Design I am up in the air on, as to what I prefer. I just want a shirt to be part of the Blab gang!!!!!

I'm not a big fan of the QWERTY or "Do You Blab" designs. I would like to have my name and Blab name but it's not a dealbreaker Definitely prefer V-neck though! As far as designs on the back I don't care - my hair is so long you don't see anything on the back anyway.

I would say Option B with the one-run order as long as you could get a V-neck.

As far as ordering goes, have you looked into Customink? I've used that site many times and have been thrilled with everything. Cafepress I've had nothing but problems.

LeeAnn Bachman

I'm not a huge fan of the designs. I think colors like grey, blue, green, or purple would be nice - no white, pink, yellow, or black (too hot at BF for a black shirt). Price is definitely a factor for me. I've used Customink before and have received very nice shirts.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast