Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Blab and discussion of politics/current events going forward

There's Horses In There! Beethovens7th's Avatar

1st off let me say i love all you guys even with opposing views! And, for the record, i did not engage in any tit-for-tat if by this you mean reporting people; i didn't ever report anyone as it never occurred to me to shut anyone down. Also, i agree with Brenda, Miss Susan, and Duke that i am glad it is closed because quite frankly, i think it brought out the worst in me! Thank you, Mary, for putting up with our fussing as long as you have!

I'm glad it's closed, as well. No one was really going to change their minds and I think it was feeding fears and keeping things "fired up", so to speak, for those who are fearful.

Time to relax, enjoy the holidays, enjoy being fortunate enough to live in this country and be thankful for all the blessings that are around us.

Enjoy Thanksgiving to all my fellow collectors and AMERICANS.....that's what we are!
    "But Jesus looked at them and said, "With men, this is impossible; but with God, all things are possible." - Matthew 19:26

Amen sisters! Happy Turkey Week!
    In the crazy house surrounded by thousands of eyes..

I think this excerpt from Black Beauty speaks volumes about our current political climate
    "My boy, I hope you will always defend your sister, and give anybody who insults her a good thrashing—that is as it should be; but mind, I won't have any election blackguarding on my premises. There are as many 'blue' blackguards as there are 'orange', and as many white as there are purple, or any other color, and I won't have any of my family mixed up with it. Even women and children are ready to quarrel for the sake of a color, and not one in ten of them knows what it is about."
    "Why, father, I thought blue was for Liberty."
    "My boy, Liberty does not come from colors, they only show party, and all the liberty you can get out of them is, liberty to get drunk at other people's expense, liberty to ride to the poll in a dirty old cab, liberty to abuse any one that does not wear your color, and to shout yourself hoarse at what you only half-understand—that's your liberty!"
    "Oh, father, you are laughing."
    "No, Harry, I am serious, and I am ashamed to see how men go on who ought to know better. An election is a very serious thing; at least it ought to be, and every man ought to vote according to his conscience, and let his neighbor do the same."

Black Beauty by Ann Sewell part III chapter 42 The Election

Wow-so true! And 100+ years later here we are.....so prophetic!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12