Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Wagon-on!

Paid Participant Original Poster papaone1's Avatar

Smile Wagon-on!

100_0939.jpg100_0940.jpg100_0948.jpg100_0991.jpg100_0992.jpgThis is mainly an experiment for me to learn how to behave in a forum. Please be patient with me as this is my first time and there maybe numerous errors, please forgive my ignorance. Remember I don't even own a cell phone, and I type with two fingers, Thank you very much! In the meantime please meet some members of the herd. ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Loren

Blab Member

I so love the photos you post! I can feel the love you put into each one!
    Keep'um coming !

Paid Participant onekindacowboy's Avatar
    A place where people have standards, honestly!

I would like to see another picture of the manure spreader!

These are neat! It's pretty cool how there are matching horses for each set!

I totally understand where you're coming from with two finger typing, half the time I still lose track of certain letters!

100_0932.jpg For some unknown reason the flash didn't go off on this one,but I think tou can make it out. And yes I used a camera , I do not own a cell phone. I can take more if you like , just let me know.. Thanks,,,,,,,,,,,,Loren

Well some match and some don't . I prefer mismatched teams as they are more life like. I am pretty sure the off color teams will pull just as much as a matched team, although I do not have any scientific data to back that up, nor the cash needed to do the research. It used to be the matched pairs were just for the rich and famous and I am not one of them.100_0982.jpgHere is a team of Clydes one roan and one bay, same mold but different colors. Thanks,,,,,,,,,,,Loren

100_0908.jpg100_0909.jpgHere are some more pics of the spreader. Thanks for looking,,,,,,,,,,,,Loren

That's the first I've seen of the CollectA Shire hitch with the milk jugs. You've been holding out on me!

I'm still patrial to the two Campolinas hauling the firewood sled. I just love the personality they bring to it, standing ready, but with heads turned to watch what's going on.

It's great there are finally places where smiths can order wheels in these scales. That was always my dad's biggest complaint - He had to make wheels, and they never looked like actual wagon wheels. When he tried to make the spokes thinner, they'd break. I'm so glad you can get good wheels for your vehicles; it really helps bring them to life.

Please keep the pictures coming as you build!

Shipping models worldwide since 2012. www.TripleMountain.com ~ Like us on Facebook for notice of new arrivals!

I think this maybe a case of your memory playing tricks on you again, The milk wagon was one of the early ones and the Shires were just upgraded in harness100_0990 - Copy.jpg100_0991.jpg I just got the team harness set out and hitched them again LOL,,,,,,,,,Loren

And here is a chance for those of you with sawdust in your pockets and other places to catch up with the herd100_1025.jpg100_1026.jpg100_1027.jpg100_1028.jpgA pair of Ardennes stallions with the firewood sled, OK the ax might be out of scale but just think of Paul Bunyans cousin Herman from the great nort woods, Then Eleda's favorite , a pair of Campolinas stallions with the firewood sleigh, waiting for the teamster to finish his coffee, and my own personal accent , a portable saw mill with a JD Model "E" hit and miss engine. They came in 1/2 , 3, &6 horsepower. Maybe 6 hp is a liitle undersized to run this mill but 2 100 pound flywheels gave 'er momentum. Happy Groundhogs day. Anyone have a crock pot recipe for groundhog???,,,,,,,,,,,,,Loren

A box came in the mail for me today (the epic story of The Retrieval of the Box will wait for another day), and in it was this - minus the horses... I added them to give it some action:
    wagon by loren p.jpg

wagon by loren pribbernow (1).jpg

wagon by loren pribbernow (2).jpg

What an incredible surprise! I love it. You can tell when something has been made with care and given with positive thoughts... This lovely cart (in Triple Mountain green, no less) feels so positive! Thank you so much, from the bottom of my heart. It will have a very special place here always. The little Triple Mountain logo signs made me smile, too!

~ Eleda

Shipping models worldwide since 2012. www.TripleMountain.com ~ Like us on Facebook for notice of new arrivals!

What size is the team? Are they classics? They look really good up there, did the circus come to town and I missed the parade again this year? Why don't you tell me these things?? Enjoy, If you like I'll send you a pair of shoestrings to get you started. Just let me know,,,,,,,,Loren

Blog Entries

Love the farm equipment.

We've got a manure spreader and a sickle bar mower that we use here on our home place and at our ranch.

JamieD

Sam I Am

Blab Member

^This!!

Eleda, what a fabulous little wagon! Thank you so much for sharing!
    Do you plan on making a harness for it?

Here is the Vis-a-Vis from Triple Mountain Carriage, proudly owned by Eleda Towle, and built & outfitted by Papaone1. The team are "Dolly" & "Pearl" , full sisters one year apart and pretty well matched. Dolly is near and Pearl is lead mare here. Pearl just returned to Wisconsin from Oregon, where she spent the winter working in the woods. Welcome home Pearl. The carriage has a removable or fold down top, your choice for different types of weather> Eleda has been waiting for this one to complete and here is where we are so far. This hitch is known as a " tandem hitch " and it was common in the cities of the eastern US in years gone by. Was a favorite with the wealthy who needed and wanted to be seen by all in a "top shelf Rig and team" Enjoy,,,,,,,,,,,,Loren100_1029.jpg100_1030.jpg100_1031.jpg100_1032.jpg

These are wonderful! I absolutely love them.
    Cyra Niccals

Laiqaroch Studios

I know it's not that time of year yet , but when you have as many horses to feed as I do you have to be ready, and we are ready. Meet "Queen & Sheba' half sisters from the stallion and the same age and good and honest workers. These two were purchased at low prices because they are a little scuffed. Queen was $.99 and Sheba was $5.50 plus shipping on e-bay. That doesn't keep them from being an excellent farm team. They will have many more years together in harness100_1035.jpg100_1033.jpg100_1034.jpg And who knows if they run with a stallion they may even produce some pretty foals who may grow up someday to be parade horses. We all have to have a dream,,,,,,,Dream on,,,,,,,,,,,,,Loren

Love looking at all the photos! Such neat sets!!
    Lavender Porter

Thank you, my kids all think it is a waste of my time, But I really enjoy making them.

I love all the wagons, what beautiful work!! Also, I just have to add that I love to see when people rescue unloved models from eBay...it warms my heart! Saving the Breyers, one scuffed .99 model at a time...
    In the crazy house surrounded by thousands of eyes..

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast