Thread: Reuben and Tiki Kulp's work

Paid Participant Original Poster Eleda's Avatar

Default Reuben and Tiki Kulp's work

They get mentioned over and over.... I thought it's time we start a thread for pieces made by the Kulps, and hopefully Tiki herself may jump in with comments and more photos.

This Meadowbrook Cart was made by Reuben in 2010/2011. They have refined them even more since then, but we received this one recently on consignment and it is still gorgeous despite its age and having been transported by mail a few times. Before someone asks - I know you will! - The model pulling it is a BHR Resin Drafter. He's between Classic and Traditional size, so we're considering him a large draft pony while he models this for us.

2-1.jpg

2-2.jpg

2-3.jpg

2-6.jpg

2-7.jpg

When Reuben sold this cart, his description of it says it is made entirely of hardwood, with bent hickory fenders, cross-bar and single tree. He used over 65 nuts and bolts at a cost of $20, and each wheel, imported from England, cost him $20 (back in 2010). I really enjoyed his detailed description!

Shipping models worldwide since 2012. www.TripleMountain.com ~ Like us on Facebook for notice of new arrivals!

The greys are taking over... texxdog's Avatar

Wowzers! That is some nice craftsmanship!

Paid Participant Original Poster Eleda's Avatar

His description also says the seats hinge up like the real thing to make entry into the cart easier. Darn, I missed that part when we had it out for its photo session. Neat!

Shipping models worldwide since 2012. www.TripleMountain.com ~ Like us on Facebook for notice of new arrivals!

Paid Participant

I purchased a Budweiser harness set from Tiki at Breyerfest in 2016. This year I ordered a wagon and it just arrived this week. I love it!