Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Smiley Emoticons Menu

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1

    Default Smiley Emoticons Menu

    Just thought I'd put this out there as it's one of those things that slows me down when I'm replying to or writing a post on Blab... but the Smiley "button" that you click on to select the emoticon you want (when you can't remember if it's :"wehaveawinner" or :"haveawinner"!) has some .. outdated (?) emoticons that I know personally I never ever use. So then I've got to go to the "More" button which opens up another browser window, and scroll through everything to find what I need!

    The Hamsterdam and Spam take up the most room and if taken out of the quick-click menu, would leave so much more space for the more popular and commonly used emoticons/images. Am I making any sense? Just wondering if this affects anyone else, and if it's something that could be considered by management going forwards Thanks for reading!

  2. #2

    Default

    Hear Hear!!!!!!

  3. #3

    Default

    ....Are you saying you are annoyed by Spam??

    I know what you mean though, sometimes I'm just
    However, I do think that there are some that don't get used enough. I don't think I'm ever going to find a proper use for Hamsterdam...
    or this ---->

  4. #4
    Blab Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    the hidden hills of Appalachia; lost in time
    Posts
    9,413

    Default

    I only remember the keyboard strokes for a few of them, and otherwise I'm too lazy to go hunting, so I'm emoji-impaired. Sometimes people think I'm being serious when I'm not, or that I'm kidding when I'm dead serious. I've considered just making a list of the ones I like and putting it next to my keyboard, but so far I haven't done it. I try to use my words, har! (or say "har!" in an annoying way)

    I was just noticing recently that no one uses Hamsterdam anymore. I don't think most new folks know what she's for.
    "Some rise by sin, and some by virtue fall" - William Shakespeare

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Salem View Post
    I only remember the keyboard strokes for a few of them, and otherwise I'm too lazy to go hunting, so I'm emoji-impaired. Sometimes people think I'm being serious when I'm not, or that I'm kidding when I'm dead serious. I've considered just making a list of the ones I like and putting it next to my keyboard, but so far I haven't done it. I try to use my words, har! (or say "har!" in an annoying way)


    (see, I have that one committed to memory )

  6. #6
    Plastic Pony Lover! VWK'sanEasyGoer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Ontario Canada
    Posts
    10,950

    Default

    That's a pretty good idea. I try and remember the ones I use the most and keep trying to expand that. But when I don't rmember I go scrolling through. I see ones I've forgotten about and am like "I should remember that to use it" cause there are so many. Then I don't remember and just keep using the same ones

    Choose a job you love and you will never work a day in your life-
    Confucious
    Victoria Krentz

  7. #7
    Blab Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    the hidden hills of Appalachia; lost in time
    Posts
    9,413

    Default

    On a computer you can hover the mouse pointer over an emoji in someone else's post and it will tell you the keystrokes. That doesn't work on my phone, though. . I'm not really grumpy, I just couldn't think of another emoji I know.
    "Some rise by sin, and some by virtue fall" - William Shakespeare

  8. #8
    Plastic Pony Lover! VWK'sanEasyGoer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Ontario Canada
    Posts
    10,950

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Salem View Post
    On a computer you can hover the mouse pointer over an emoji in someone else's post and it will tell you the keystrokes. That doesn't work on my phone, though. . I'm not really grumpy, I just couldn't think of another emoji I know.
    How about this one

    Choose a job you love and you will never work a day in your life-
    Confucious
    Victoria Krentz

  9. #9
    Blab Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    the hidden hills of Appalachia; lost in time
    Posts
    9,413

    Default

    Let's see
    "Some rise by sin, and some by virtue fall" - William Shakespeare

  10. #10

    Default

    Ooh hovering with my finger on my tablet shows me the keystrokes. Nice to know! Thanks!
    And I will admit that I have no clue what hamsterdam means xD I never thought to ask though.
    I'm editing my post to add that I understand what the Original Poster means about the smiley tab on this page. I've never used the spam or hamsterdam icons myself. I primarily use hugs, laughing ones, and I'm always looking for ones that show my impatience over waiting for a package or frustration that something did not go as planned. I used to look for the welcome icons to say hi to new folks and birthday icons to post on the birthday threads, but I have a hard time finding them when I click the More tab and look through the long list of icons.

  11. #11

    Default

    I try to memorize the keystrokes of the ones I use the most, but if I can't remember the code, I just go to "More" then hold CRTL+F. You can then search for the one you want, or the section that you want. Makes it a lot easier to find things


    LeeAnn Bachman

  12. #12
    Blab Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    the hidden hills of Appalachia; lost in time
    Posts
    9,413

    Default

    I did not know that! Thanks!

    ...now if I can only remember that...
    "Some rise by sin, and some by virtue fall" - William Shakespeare

  13. #13
    Paid Participant ElreniaGreenleaf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Posts
    1,708

    Default

    I agree, this is one of those little things that irks me from time to time!
    Christine Sutcliffe (just call me EG. :p)
    The Blog!
    Including tutorials, photography and lots of interesting things.


  14. #14

    Default

    thanks for posting this

  15. #15
    under the oaks Mary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    under the oaks in Texas
    Posts
    25,953
    Blog Entries
    21

    Default

    Hi y'all!

    I moved things around on the Smilie page! Link to whole Smilie page here.

    (Quick Smilie page link ... at the top of the header, left side, is a Quick Links dropdown. Smilies (the page) are 4th down.)

    I moved the Bleach up to the first row, and stuck the ones no one is using down at the end (hamsterdam, etc.).

    There is a history on many of the smilies! But it's out of date now.

    At this moment the Bleach is far too large. I will change the size, and hopefully that makes the icon pop-up box more navigable.

    Also look to the left of your main edit window for a new quick click of smilies ...

    Suggestions welcome !!! A smilie reorg is in order !!!
    Mary Hirsch
    ...
    Blab's Annual Birthday Celebration - coming soon !!!

    Blab's Summer OF Plastic Show - coming soon !!!

    ​...
    ...

  16. #16
    "Dreaming of Lea" Beethovens7th's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    In the BEAUTIFUL hills of Finland!
    Posts
    58,010

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mary View Post
    Hi y'all!

    I moved things around on the Smilie page! Link to whole Smilie page here.

    (Quick Smilie page link ... at the top of the header, left side, is a Quick Links dropdown. Smilies (the page) are 4th down.)

    I moved the Bleach up to the first row, and stuck the ones no one is using down at the end (hamsterdam, etc.).

    There is a history on many of the smilies! But it's out of date now.

    At this moment the Bleach is far too large. I will change the size, and hopefully that makes the icon pop-up box more navigable.

    Also look to the left of your main edit window for a new quick click of smilies ...

    Suggestions welcome !!! A smilie reorg is in order !!!
    Thank you for reorganizing them!

    WE need more coffee emojis. And an artist one

  17. #17

    Default

    Wow I noticed right off the change. I am afraid. I love emoji's and spend way too much time looking for the right ones to use. thanks

    Oh my gosh! I had to edit this as I did not use a single emoji!

  18. #18
    Schere: 1973 - 2009 Eviejean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    4,705

    Default

    I ALWAYS have looked for a sarcasm smilie.
    I don't know if there is one of how to show one but I know there is a need for one.

    Ramie Custom Avatar..........Stitch Custom Avatar

  19. #19
    under the oaks Mary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    under the oaks in Texas
    Posts
    25,953
    Blog Entries
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eviejean View Post
    I ALWAYS have looked for a sarcasm smilie.
    I don't know if there is one of how to show one but I know there is a need for one.
    We have a rolleyes ... ... to insert it, type : [no space] rolleyes

    Do you know of another one we can use? If it's publicly ok to use, and you can link it ...
    Mary Hirsch
    ...
    Blab's Annual Birthday Celebration - coming soon !!!

    Blab's Summer OF Plastic Show - coming soon !!!

    ​...
    ...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •