Thread: Smiley Emoticons Menu

Default Smiley Emoticons Menu

Just thought I'd put this out there as it's one of those things that slows me down when I'm replying to or writing a post on Blab... but the Smiley "button" that you click on to select the emoticon you want (when you can't remember if it's :"wehaveawinner" or :"haveawinner"!) has some .. outdated (?) emoticons that I know personally I never ever use. So then I've got to go to the "More" button which opens up another browser window, and scroll through everything to find what I need!

The Hamsterdam and Spam take up the most room and if taken out of the quick-click menu, would leave so much more space for the more popular and commonly used emoticons/images. Am I making any sense? Just wondering if this affects anyone else, and if it's something that could be considered by management going forwards Thanks for reading!

Hear Hear!!!!!!

....Are you saying you are annoyed by Spam??

I know what you mean though, sometimes I'm just
    However, I do think that there are some that don't get used enough. I don't think I'm ever going to find a proper use for Hamsterdam...
    or this ---->

the hidden hills of Appalachia; lost in time

I only remember the keyboard strokes for a few of them, and otherwise I'm too lazy to go hunting, so I'm emoji-impaired. Sometimes people think I'm being serious when I'm not, or that I'm kidding when I'm dead serious. I've considered just making a list of the ones I like and putting it next to my keyboard, but so far I haven't done it. I try to use my words, har! (or say "har!" in an annoying way)

I was just noticing recently that no one uses Hamsterdam anymore. I don't think most new folks know what she's for.
    "Some rise by sin, and some by virtue fall" - William Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by Salem View Post
    I only remember the keyboard strokes for a few of them, and otherwise I'm too lazy to go hunting, so I'm emoji-impaired. Sometimes people think I'm being serious when I'm not, or that I'm kidding when I'm dead serious. I've considered just making a list of the ones I like and putting it next to my keyboard, but so far I haven't done it. I try to use my words, har! (or say "har!" in an annoying way)

(see, I have that one committed to memory )

Plastic Pony Lover! VWK'sanEasyGoer's Avatar

That's a pretty good idea. I try and remember the ones I use the most and keep trying to expand that. But when I don't rmember I go scrolling through. I see ones I've forgotten about and am like "I should remember that to use it" cause there are so many. Then I don't remember and just keep using the same ones

Choose a job you love and you will never work a day in your life-
    Confucious
    Victoria Krentz

On a computer you can hover the mouse pointer over an emoji in someone else's post and it will tell you the keystrokes. That doesn't work on my phone, though. . I'm not really grumpy, I just couldn't think of another emoji I know.

Plastic Pony Lover! VWK'sanEasyGoer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Salem View Post
    On a computer you can hover the mouse pointer over an emoji in someone else's post and it will tell you the keystrokes. That doesn't work on my phone, though. . I'm not really grumpy, I just couldn't think of another emoji I know.
    How about this one

Choose a job you love and you will never work a day in your life-
    Confucious
    Victoria Krentz

Let's see

Ooh hovering with my finger on my tablet shows me the keystrokes. Nice to know! Thanks!
    And I will admit that I have no clue what hamsterdam means xD I never thought to ask though.
    I'm editing my post to add that I understand what the Original Poster means about the smiley tab on this page. I've never used the spam or hamsterdam icons myself. I primarily use hugs, laughing ones, and I'm always looking for ones that show my impatience over waiting for a package or frustration that something did not go as planned. I used to look for the welcome icons to say hi to new folks and birthday icons to post on the birthday threads, but I have a hard time finding them when I click the More tab and look through the long list of icons.

I try to memorize the keystrokes of the ones I use the most, but if I can't remember the code, I just go to "More" then hold CRTL+F. You can then search for the one you want, or the section that you want. Makes it a lot easier to find things

LeeAnn Bachman

I did not know that! Thanks!

...now if I can only remember that...