Thread: Gauging Interest: Vintage Blood Horse Magazines

Blab Member Original Poster Truson's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Gauging Interest: Vintage Blood Horse Magazines

See my "You Don't See This Every Day" thread under Real Equine. A huge stack of vintage Blood Horse magazines from the 40s and 50s with many of the greats, including Man O War. Gauging interest for a possible sale because Churchhill and Keeneland have these already in their archives BUT I have seen NONE on Ebay. The CEO of the museum at Churchhill emailed me personally stating that they had what they needed and referred me to Keeneland, but they did as well.
    ACTIVELY SEEKING: Basecoat chalky Adios and Pokerjoe/Like A Diamond glossy prize models. Also seeking Witez II on Presentation base and Batal and Amira Proud Arabians!

Blog Entries

If anyone needs more pictures, I can take more!
    ACTIVELY SEEKING: Basecoat chalky Adios and Pokerjoe/Like A Diamond glossy prize models. Also seeking Witez II on Presentation base and Batal and Amira Proud Arabians!

I'd be interested. As long as they aren't musty/moldy (I'm allergic to mold). I collect these and any other old Thoroughbred magazines. Any chance they could be picked up in person at BreyerFest this summer?

"Half the failures in life arise from pulling in one's horse as he is leaping."
    -- A. W. Hare

Blog Entries

Possibly, BUT I do have to say that I can't guarantee them against smelling moldy. The pages on the ones pictured are in good shape, except that water damaged one pictured, and they literally sat for 30 years in my father's basement that way. I only just last weekend found out that they had survived so I went and got them. There were several magazines in the bottom of the box that got wet. So if I do list them for sale, they will be listed with that disclaimer.