Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Welcome to the UK Happenings Forum!

Hi fellow UK Blabbers!

I've gotten back on Blab to sell some Breyerfest tickets after a long break (so long I had lost my original username) ... anyway, I'm an American but have lived here for two years and counting. Most of my models are in the US in storage, but would definitely love to try to get into the hobby here.
    Last edited by LizzieMarie; 06-28-2017 at 12:41 PM.

Hello.

Have you looked at the Copperfox Tour events? http://www.copperfoxmodelhorses.com/...=0&sort=normal

I hadn't heard about these, but sadly the only one near enough for me to attend is on a Sunday. I work on Sundays, so that won't work. Thanks for letting me know about them. I've also gotten on the Facebook group for BMHC so here's hoping I can find ways to get involved soon!

Hi to all fellow Brits / UK collectors on here! Nothing to add other than a friendly wave hello for now! Venetia (in Wiltshire, England)

*edit* Actually, I have a quick question: where do all the UK collectors tend to hang out online nowadays? Checked back into MHL yesterday after a few years away and it was deathly quiet. I've been out of things for a while so I suspect things have probably moved on - do most things happen on Facebook now? Are there any other UK forums worth investigating?
    “The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Paid Participant ElreniaGreenleaf's Avatar

Most people seem to have gravitated to Facebook these days unfortunately- I really want to try to get MHL back to how it once was but I'm seriously lacking in motivation recently.
    Christine Sutcliffe (just call me EG. :p)
    The Blog!
    Including tutorials, photography and lots of interesting things.

Hello
    I assume most are on FB. It's a shame forums are generally so quiet, FB is good for some things but you can't beat forums either.

That's sad. Forums are easier to navigate as you have all the different sections and threads.... in FB there are a plethora of different groups and threads and posts get lost so quickly.... how does anyone keep up!? Also I don't like to be in any open groups as I prefer to keep my model horse activity private.
    “The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Hello Liberty!

I'm not on FB, so I use this forum and have found it to be friendly and helpful. It's the only model horse forum that I have been on, but I have found that I have got helpful answers to my questions pretty quickly.

That's really nice and good to hear. I like this forum the best out of any I've been on. I love how busy and active it is and the wide range of topics. And how well organised it is too. Also, as a Brit I find it very interesting to have an insight into the North American hobby world

That's so true, it's nice to learn new things and to see how things are done in other countries.

Blog Entries

Realised I hadn't introduced myself on this forum yet!

I'm Jody, I'm 22 and a Bath Spa Uni graduate that now works in a school in Bath. My collection has largely shifted to CM/AR/Commercial, but I still have some plastics and my beloved CTFs! I also needlefelt, and like creating my own I'm hoping to learn to sculpt and paint soon. I show pretty regularly, maybe a few times a month, and will be at BMECS over the weekend I adore native ponies, especially Welshies and Exmoors, so they form a considerable chunk of my collection showing under the 'Penrhyn' prefix for Welshies and 'Wheddon Cross' for Exmoors.
    Jody Wheeler
    ~Proverbs 3:5-6~ ~Isaiah 58:6~
    "All you need to lead worship is four chords and a capo..." The Rend Collective Experiment
    WANTED: Alborozo and Stone Calamity Jane! PM me!

Artwork, photography and writing facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/JodysDoodlesAndDrawings/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12