Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Blab Autumn Show AR-Custom-China-Collectability-Fantasy-Decorator

AR/CM Horse lover & Pug lover RBrazil's Avatar

Mary, once the judges go thru and if they put any ponies in the pony pound will we have time to fix them before the actual judging?

^ there should be a 'photo' icon somewhere above the text box for your entry. If you click on that, you can link to an online photo. Does that help?
    Handmade Soaps, Lotions, and other Goodies - Silver Maple Soap Co.

under the oaks Original Poster Mary's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RBrazil View Post
    Mary, once the judges go thru and if they put any ponies in the pony pound will we have time to fix them before the actual judging?
    We are going to do our best to get every eligible entry into the correct class, even if the shower is not online to make the correction. With fingers crossed, I would say that unless it is a model that just doesn't belong in this show (made of iron or something) then we'll get it entered even if we can't find you. The one exception would be class limits, if we can't find you to decide which ones to show.

Hope that explains and helps?

Yup it sure does Looking forward to the results Good luck everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm trying to upload my photos and I keep getting this message,

This page isn’t working

www.modelhorseblab.com is currently unable to handle this request.

HTTP ERROR 500

It seems to be working again!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Faracat View Post
    I'm trying to upload my photos and I keep getting this message,
    Oh dear.

First, check your photo size, re these guidelines. (Found in the "How To" link at the top of the Gallery, above the show.)

If you are confident that your photo is the right size, PM me with the exact steps you are taking and the response you get with each step. If you know how to screenshot the point of failure, send me that as well.

We will figure it out!

Thanks for the advice. For some reason it decided to work when I tried again with the exact same photo.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Faracat View Post
    Thanks for the advice. For some reason it decided to work when I tried again with the exact same photo.
    That could have been due to all kinds of things that are temporary, quite likely due to your internet provider. Momentary network bottleneck, possibly. Glad it finally worked!

Both my classes got cancelled today (for unrelated reasons, the profs are from two different departments but serendipitously they both had conferences starting today) so I was able to get my entries together! I was worried I wouldn't have time to get the photos taken and the horses entered, so it was a lucky break that my classes were cancelled!
    Instagram @pennylanestables

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pennylanestables View Post
    Both my classes got cancelled today (for unrelated reasons, the profs are from two different departments but serendipitously they both had conferences starting today) so I was able to get my entries together! I was worried I wouldn't have time to get the photos taken and the horses entered, so it was a lucky break that my classes were cancelled!

Blog Entries

Entries are closed!

Now we are stewarding all classes, reviewing entries for the class limits (3 per shower), and looking at classes for possible combining of small classes and perhaps splitting certain large ones.

We don't start the judging until the stewarding is complete for the major division. More info as it comes up!

Who will be the judges? If you posted that someplace I missed it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RBrazil View Post
    Who will be the judges? If you posted that someplace I missed it.
    Exact assignments will be updated soon, we are looking at entries and spreading the load.

Lemmons SS, Schnauzer, Faracat, FourWindsFarm, StormWarrier, and I'll probably judge some as well. We have some experienced and some newer judges, with some great experience on board.

Fwiw, as always, some of our judges are also showing. Judges do not judge in a major division if they have an entry in that division, even if they did not enter all the sub-divisions.

Nevermind.

Quote Originally Posted by Mary View Post
    Entries are closed!

Now we are stewarding all classes, reviewing entries for the class limits (3 per shower), and looking at classes for possible combining of small classes and perhaps splitting certain large ones.

We don't start the judging until the stewarding is complete for the major division. More info as it comes up!
    Well, foo. I thought entries closed the 5th, so I got up early to finish mine (since I only got one in so far). Must have read it wrong. Oh well.

CM Fantasy/Decorator is done! Congratulations to our winners. I wish I could give more ribbons in some of these categories. Very nice work, everyone.

*reminder-- Ch/Res and Overall Ch/Res are pulled out of classes and put under division headings. If you're missing your entry in its class, it's probably a good thing!
    Handmade Soaps, Lotions, and other Goodies - Silver Maple Soap Co.

Breyer Coll. Division A classes 7 and 8 have been split. They are split between web specials and all other. Judging will be done hopefully tonight.
    ​Actively Seeking Early Bird C'est Bon and BF Show Prize Camelot!
    Alexandra
    Storm Valley Stables

Blog Entries

Collectability Pre-2000 Customs is judged.

I encourage everyone who is not so familiar with older customs to take a look at these, several from the 1980's. They are beautifully preserved, even though time has had an effect on a few things such as the braids.
    http://www.modelhorseblab.com/blabpi...0-customs.html

This one especially is a beautiful model that has it all - a PAM with a head position change (notice how smoothly the neck and throatlatch are done), rehaired and repainted, shown as a Morgan mare. Done by Stephanie Robson. Congratulations to ICSpots, the owner of this Grand Champion of the division.

Blab Member

What a gorgeous piece! I can't wait to check out the others!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast