Thread: My carriages in progress

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blab Member Original Poster

Default My carriages in progress

I've been enjoying this forum a lot! I love driving, myself, have taught my horses to drive, and am currently teaching a friend and her horse to drive. Long ago, I made a few carts and harnesses and just had tons of fun with them. Driving horses is a fantastic sport, either in real life or in the model world!

Recently, I got bit by the bug to build some more carts, and maybe even some harnesses to go with them. We'll see...it's a lot of tiny buckles... Anyway, as I have trouble being patient enough for wood glue to dry, I thought starting a handful of them all together would help! One can dry a little bit while I move onto the next one, et cetera. It's working out pretty well, and I just wanted to share my progress! I'm pretty pleased so far with how they're doing.

Here's my very cluttered floor set-up with four carts in progress...a road cart type, pony cart (sized for Merrylegs), an easy-entry type, and an itty bitty stablemate cart! (That blue guy there is Jake Sully; he's helping me size things properly.)
    Attached Images Attached Images