Quote Originally Posted by BuckR. View Post
It has improved. I still prefer the old way (paypal) better, but unfortunately I don't make the call on that. I have payouts depositing daily - it takes a few days for the money to show in my bank account. eBay fees are 12% now - I think they increased to gobble up Paypals fees? I don't remember them being so high before. Fees are taken out immediately. You can ship from the managed payments before they are deposited - if there are no processing payments, then I think you have today for shipping through your bank account or paypal.

I've switched to selling primarily on Facebook (preparing to move back to NY this summer so thinning though the stash) because the fees are so much less. I only use ebay to sell stuff that is slow to move on FB.
Quote Originally Posted by muggyscugglemeyer View Post
I like managed payments. But then, I liked Paypal, too. One of the really nice things is that the fees are all in one place, which makes it easier for accounting. No jumping back and forth between eBay and Paypal. The fees have gone up, but there's no Paypal fees, so it evens out.

Here's a list of some relevant things (well, relevant to me):

1. I do daily deposits. They arrive in my bank account two days after ebay sends them. So a deposit sent on Monday shows up on Wednesday.

2. Fees like Final Value and Insertion are taken out immediately. There are a few (like subscription fees for stores) that aren't, and you're still invoiced monthly for them.

3. If you buy postage through eBay, that amount is taken out of your pre-deposit funds.

4. All buyer disputes go through eBay, so you don't have to worry about money in your Paypal account being put on hold because of a dispute. I've heard a lot of complaints about how eBay always sides with the buyer, but that hasn't been my experience. For example, during the holiday season when USPS was soooooo swamped, eBay really had my back when I was being bombarded with a ton of Where Is My Item requests.

5. Everything is in one place. I'm a big fan of Easy. The easier, the better! If I want to look up payment for an order, it's right there on eBay. How much did I spend on shipping for the month? *click click* There's my report. They have a bunch of new spiffy tools that you can play around with.

That's all I can think of for now. Overall, I like Managed Payments just as much (maybe a wee bit more) as Paypal.
Thank you both.
This is what I need to make an education decision on Managed Payments.
I dislike change and since I've been buying and selling on eBay since 2000, this is another in a series of eBay changes...