Thread: Is it right to ask for a refund on a free horse?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

In answer to your original question...
    No, it's not right to ask for a refund on a free horse. (I'm sorry if that's not what you wanted to hear.)

Quote Originally Posted by DooWiki View Post
    If I was you, I'd return the refund with an apology. Yes, you may be out the money, but you'll maintain/gain good reputation.

A good reputation is worth far more than $15. It takes years to earn, minutes to lose, and years to reclaim.
    Quote Originally Posted by summerwinds View Post
    I agree with everyone else. Send the money back, apologize for the misunderstanding, and move on. Life lessons hurt when they cost us money, but they are still important and your reputation is a very hard thing to keep as it can be easily tarnished with the littlest of mistakes. I'm sorry the model you got wasn't what you wanted it to be, but you technically didn't pay anything for it. You paid to have it shipped to you, and shipping isn't free. Not the sellers fault the model didn't work out for what you needed it for, and certainly not their responsibility to cover your added costs for you to find another model.

For what it is worth, I don't know you and I don't know the seller, but had the seller been me I would have responded the same way they did. I doubt they meant it to be rude or snooty, just they were frustrated and disappointed in how the transaction went south.
    I also agree with the suggestion of returning the refund with an apology for the misunderstanding.
    Last edited by Eviejean; 10-16-2021 at 08:53 AM.

Ramie Custom Avatar..........Stitch Custom Avatar