Me stuff

1. Opportunity for those who could use an opportunity

Deflation has an upside for people who aren't usually on the winning side of national economic troubles. Stuff is cheaper - little and big stuff. The housing market is devaluing? Buy more house for less money - buy a house, period, for people with some savings but not alot. Trade in the clunker for a better car than could be afforded earlier. Wal-Mart and Target have already permanently lowered prices - they may do another round. And so on. There is a silver lining ...
    Categories
    Me stuff
  2. Who started the financial crisis?

I donít know, actually. Iím not sure the factoids I know really answer the question. The answer may belong to the future, when a better historical view is available.

A lot of people blame an administration and Congress with a preference for less regulation and/or a laissez-faire attitude toward the markets. However Ė in the context of the history of this decade Iím not sure how much sense this makes.

The last meltdown during 2000-2002 was based on the collapse of ...
    Categories
    Me stuff
  3. Want a good deal on a posh car? Be at Wall St 7 am after the crash

Itís a tradition after a major market crash. Traders desperate to make margin calls will be out in parking lots and sidewalks in lower Manhattan before the financial institutions open. Standing on the hoods of Porsches and BMWs calling for offers, hawking Rolex watches, diamond rings, Super Bowl tickets, fur coats Ö all big-ticket items, of course. Cash on the spot (well ok certified check,) in the tens of thousands of dollars. What a flea market! Traders, of course, trade on credit, just like ...
    Categories
    Me stuff