Miss Susan

The Farmer's Wife Sampler Quilt

Rate this Entry
Okay, I'm nuts to even attempt this quilt. With 111, 6-inch blocks that range from fairly easy to very difficult, it truly is beyond my skill. That said, here are my first three blocks. All are hand pieced. I decided against English paper piecing this one. We shall see just how far I get.

Block 1, Attic Windows

[ATTACH]88301[/ATTACH]

This is actually the third one I pieced. Yes, I know it needs a good pressing. But I love that Pam Kitty floral. :adore

Block 2, Autumn Tints

[ATTACH]88302[/ATTACH]

More of that Pam Kitty floral. I plan on using more of it.

Block 4, Basket Weave
[ATTACH]88303[/ATTACH]

Okay, I know my points don't meet, but at least they can wave to eachother. :) This block reminds me of Neopolitan ice cream.
Attached Thumbnails Attached Images
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

ooohhh I can't wait to see the progress. I hope to be able to find the time to quilt someday and my best friend is a quilter. I just spent some time this weekend at quilt retreat with her. One of the lodges near us does these great quilt retreat weekends. They are a ton of fun. I usually take something odd to work on and all of the quilters come to see what nonsense I am making. Last year I made bags for models....that confused them LOL
    [QUOTE=onekindacowboy;bt1035]ooohhh I can't wait to see the progress. I hope to be able to find the time to quilt someday and my best friend is a quilter. I just spent some time this weekend at quilt retreat with her. One of the lodges near us does these great quilt retreat weekends. They are a ton of fun. I usually take something odd to work on and all of the quilters come to see what nonsense I am making. Last year I made bags for models....that confused them LOL[/QUOTE]

Thank you. :) I've never been to a retreat, but I bet it's fun. I can imagine their confusion on your pony pouches.